The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

Sorry Marcus... right... descision made then.... she stays as is... apart from the odd 'tweak' to make her road legal and perhaps a little more comfortable... oh... and look a bit newer.. perhaps some touch up paint to the skid unit... to odd bit of paint on the bonnet... through in a few decals perhaps.. new tyres... shotblast the wheels perhaps...  :-[:D :D :D

Seriously... she won't be getting anything done to her in the next few months that's for sure  :-\ So you have until summer to make your appeals  :D :D :D

I have there a very nice MF bought. You can soon start as a contractor with your  mf fleet and Tris can help you.

texas

This is the right size for Tris as well Bas... right up his street I reckon  :D :D

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Marcus... right... descision made then.... she stays as is... apart from the odd 'tweak' to make her road legal and perhaps a little more comfortable... oh... and look a bit newer.. perhaps some touch up paint to the skid unit... to odd bit of paint on the bonnet... through in a few decals perhaps.. new tyres... shotblast the wheels perhaps...  :-[:D :D :D

Seriously... she won't be getting anything done to her in the next few months that's for sure  :-\ So you have until summer to make your appeals  :D :D :D

This is the right size for Tris as well Bas... right up his street I reckon  :D :D

I think Tris will be happy, but let start Tris on Fanny that is big enough for the start ;D ;D

Texas

lets put this into perspective for you mark

the tractor below has spent all it's life on the same farm , all original , even the clading in the cab is mint 9800hours  few years back he it & was offered a price of approx £6000 farmer considered sprucing it up to get a bit more cash for it & was offered approx £4500 sometimes less is more ;)

A few pictrures from today... I picked Mavis up from my mates farm and took her to work for the new tyres to be fitted in the yard on Monday...

First up... It was dark when I loaded her up... but here is the trailer I borrowed to collect her on... a new 3 axle Ifor Williams... it tows like a dream as well behind Mrs F's 110

IMAG0110.jpg

anyway... here's a few shots of Mavis...

Next to Frankie...

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

Lovely machine there marky. Makes a change from all the 35's and 135's we see. And I would restore her. So what will her new fleet number be??

thanks Kris... my fleet number would be.... er..... 3 I guess  :D :D :D - IF I do restore her then I'll put that number back as it is... I'll be taking a high res pic of it for my signwriter to get it right if it does go back on  :)

Tidy little tractor Marky, nice buy :)

Can I ask you something that I was wondering, How come when you purchased Fanny, a 240 wasn't on your shopping list instead ? Hadn't they only just stopped making them a short while ago?

Oh and I expect she was road registered a couple of years old perhaps as the W reg is Aug 80 to July 81, might pay to check it out on the serial no ;)

Thanks Mark... they didn't road register her until 81 according to the log book... same on some of the others evidently... not sure of the reason  :-\

The 240 had been stopped a long while before 06 Mark sadly.. I did look at a few examples at the time... none of which really caught my eye to be honest... This one (for me anyway) was a lucky find I guess  :-\

Fanny was (is) the nearest thing MF sell in the UK to a 240/135 ....

oh the times i've seen that MF dart about the fields in Histon :D :D :D

i think you should restore her, your not gonna sell her anyway :D :D :D :D ::).....so now i get one to drive with a cab while your in Mavis ;):) :) :)