The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

missed the vid mark , but once i saw it , no mistaking the noise of MP! but if you listen a bit closer  at the chicanes by your work , all the speeding up & slowing down makes that multi-power sound like yer sitting on an air raid siren  :D :D

so were you wearing your MF issue ear protectors ?

can understand why they soon replaced MP with a stick change gear giving the 12 speed option

:D :D - No I wasn't wearing my ear defenders Marcus.... it's actually come out rather noisey on the video... she's rubber clab around the cab so it's actually not too bad really  :-\

I know what you mean about the MP... I cam off the drive yesterday (which is quite a slope) at break neck speed in reverse  :o:D :D :D - not to best of inventions in low is it really  :-\

considering the risks people took with having the tractor in low for running  "freewheel" on roads, & of course the accidents caused by the lack of knowledge with MP ,it was surprising massey still kept offering it well into the early 80's, untill of course the 12 was offered.

well you never sent me the link  >:( :'( :'(

only found out after myself mate, some place at brockford on the a140, big farm sell off, even the auction guy was surprised,somebody we know bought the renault 12 tonner from them to go with his other

few small mf tractors in there to 135 2 x  240's