question for reference

Tractorman810

guys just wondering what JD would have been the equivalent model to the mf699 in its day

the 699 is rated at 95 hp, being used arround the late 80's ,i am assuming its a sg2 cabbed one ,but what model

also what would have been the equivalent in the ford range at the time ,

just asking as i want to move out into other brands like the marshal 8-04 i am doing, that would have been about around the same time as the 699, although prob not its direct equivalent

mm some intresting choices there, just been hunting the jd info, 3350 is a little over powered at 103, the 3050 is just under at 92/3 on different sites, is there any differences between those 2 size wise, the few pics i just looked at had different size wheels on but the actuall tractor looked the same size

The direct equivalents to the 699 would have been the 3040 or 3140 then 3050.... not sure on the 40 series  but the 3050 was just shy of the 100 mark in standard trim, with 6 pot engine as the MF. 3050 & 3350 were same basic machine, slightly different guts in the back end the only difference, bar the power, I think....Ford wise there wasn't really a direct competitor until the 7810 was released in the late 80s at just shy of 100 horse too, ending up round about 102 horse from memory..... Of course, by the time the 3050 & 7810 were out they were really up against the 3080 as Massey's 100hp 6 pot offering.... IH would have been 956, 90 something horse 6 cyl, DB you'd be looking at the 1690, these being replaced by the Case 956 and then the Maxxum 5130... Any help Sean? Like to see do some of these mate ;)

Same size Sean :)

For the 699 era when was that in production?  The Deeres changed from 40 to 50 series in 1986 so would a 3040/3140 be more appropriate?  3040 straight 6 @ 90hp & 3140 6 cyl turbo @ 97hp I think from memory, but both the same size. The early versions had the OPU cab around v,w reg.

great help simon, well thats the ertle jd chassis used up, one 3050/40,  i recon out of that, ,with the wheels i found for it, it sits the same size as the mf699 project, the 804 aint to far off size wise either just a shade shorter length wise,

as for the cab, will have to be sg2 now, i spent 20 mins cutting and hinging the door opening the other day, just playing round with a broken cab i had (back lower window bit is missing) and guess what, it works

Are you looking at 6 pot engined models or 4 pot as well Sean? How about a Ford 7910? that would be something different :-\

Lot bigger physically than a 699, was more akin to the 2000 series size wise wasn't it...? Not sure on the power of the 2000's though....

It is supposed to be similar to it Sean but a very poor representation

could use the bonnet as a guide i guess, jds going to be a 3140 i think, has those decals on already, but wasnt aware they were the 699 equal size wise

actually like the idea of the same laser to, see a few of those arround this way on cattle farms

cant say i know my fords, but a mf 2000 series was listed arround 99 for a 2640

There's your 7910 equivalent then....

would the 104 be what the lonestar donor wrecker i used was ?? cant find the bonnet at the mo

I've got one of those LoneStar Marshalls somewhere, my intention was to use it for a DB / Case 90 / 94 series with an Ertl bonnet.... never thought about making the Marshall a respectable model... could be done fairly easily I would have thought though....

thought marky would have posted by now, i belive the mf 3080 was 98hp, not 100hp simon :-\ thats what we were told, we had a G reg and H reg. the jd 3050 was 92 hp as sean said, not sure on other makes other than most mf and jd :-[

Close enough Mike  ;) Very few of them were exactly 100 horse but that was the bracket we always refer to them as being in  :)

thought marky would have posted by now, i belive the mf 3080 was 98hp, not 100hp simon :-\ thats what we were told, we had a G reg and H reg. the jd 3050 was 92 hp as sean said, not sure on other makes other than most mf and jd :-[

Ear I are...

3080... 100DIN PS (110 BSHP) 93hp at the PTO

Figures quoted for the 2620 seem correct to me... it was way too large for it's HP really... and not much different in price to the 2640.. a bit of a no-brainer really... bit like the 230 v 240 as well.... at times MF offered too much in their range in my opinion... especially as I now have to try to gather up all the bloody brochures  >:(:D :D