siku massey ferguson 8270 xtra

here is my attempt to pimp up a siku massey 8270 xtra i started with the massey ferguson 8270 xtra farmer plus model i have added new beacon, mirrors and indicator /lights plus have glazed the doors again all from a uh mf 5480 also took off front weight and replaced with siku front linkage plus i have weathered the model next phase add lemken front press and lemken solitaire drill and put in field diorama will post new pics as i go paul

post-1891-132638971936_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132638971948_thumb.jpg

thanks for the comments  dave and jamie next up but nearly finished mf 5480 and mf 169 baler both by uh not really converting just weathering and diorama got to finish hedges and fencing yes jamie weight easy but woul not have known until you said this forrum is very helpful paul

Looks great Paul, I think weathering is the next 'big thing'... everyone seems to be picking up on it and for displaying in dioramas or wider layouts I think it's essential, I'll be doing all mine as I go..... Only thing about the model is the front linkage... having done such a nice job of upgrading the model would you not have been better putting a proper UH linkage on the front and modifying your attachments to suit.... would look a million dollars with one of those on.. ;)

perhaps simon, as this is where i struggle what front linkage would you suggest and if i do fit it could i still connect the siku lemken press all tips and advice welcome isnt it an expensive hobby though ,what i want to do next is norscot challenger 765b plus i will need a doner for the tracks(britains jd 8430t) i want to fit wider ones and to go behind simba solo and double press about a £120.00 i think i need anyway look forward to your comments paul

You'd want one off a fairly big machine I would have thought Paul.... how about off a Renault Atles, you can pick those up fairly cheaply off eBay.... not sure whether they are fully working though.... someone else will have to answer that. You'd have to make up an A frame for it or modify the attachments to make them fit it though.... looking at what you've done so far I can't see that being a stretch for your abilities!  ;D

thanks nathan, cant have all tractors looking clean can we ,as said in previous posts hooking it up to lemken front press and lemken solitare drill, drill is going to be christmas present from my kids, front press should be here this week they will be weathered as well paul

Christ Paul, that is just fantastic!! That little diorama is beautiful, some real care gone into it. I think you need to open your own dedicated collection topic because what you are doing is superb, it deserves to be showcased in one place....

It's a great place to get ideas, the beauty of FTF, but don't underestimate how many people will want to use your ideas, that straw baling scene is right up there with the best I've seen on here... it puts me in mind of a Border Fine Arts production. Top work mate, I'm appreciating it greatly!  :)

I agree whit Simon the FTF is a good place for getting idea's and in time you learn to be on youre own creatif (you already are whit the mini dio)

And you know if you want to know something or you have questions just ask.

Most off the peopel on FTF whil help you.