Weathering 2... Markies attempts

Dont Knock yourself Small Head

:D :D

Looks brillant, should be a 4cly though with all the breathing round the manifold :D

Needs new hubs on the front too  :D :D

Looks brillant Marky. If i saw that for sale i would buy one for sure as long as the price was fair

Very nice :) :) :) :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the tips... 1 down... 11 more 35x's to go... I hope I crack it before the last one  :D :D :D

Matt black it is then  ;)

I need some more colours I reckon... darker as well  :-\

Dont Knock yourself Small Head

:D :D

Looks brillant, should be a 4cly though with all the breathing round the manifold :D

Needs new hubs on the front too  :D :D

Looks brillant Marky. If i saw that for sale i would buy one for sure as long as the price was fair

Very nice :) :) :) :)

Thanks Addy... this one is YOURS mate now for saying that... I've worked out a price for you... £0.00... oh and I'm doing an offer this month.... free postage  ;):-*:D :D ;D

haven't you got any blue ones to practice on!!!, remember, less each time, building up in layers....remember what the funny northerner said!, your trouble is you have the Patience of a traffic warden! :D :D :D :D

but i couldn't do any better, you'll get the hang of it, it just takes time!

Right..... Get yourself a good quality soft brush at least 1cm wide artists brushes are the best sable if you want to spend a few quid. then dip the tip into paint eg silver to pick out bolt heads. Now get a bit of kitchen towel and wipe it all off using brush strokes just like you were painting, keep going untill you think all the paint has gone, then test on the model the result should be there is so little paint on the brush that it only leaves paint on high points on the model like bolt heads, steps hinges etc etc. if it is still painting the surface you need to go back to the kitchen towel. Hope this makes sence, works best on mat paint and with practice iworks very very well

thanks chaps... you are very right Ben.... I like to see results.... watch the pain going on... by then it's too late  :D :D

I'm learning mind you...

I've got the EEC 35x mountain.... so they need using up  :-\

Right..... Get yourself a good quality soft brush at least 1cm wide artists brushes are the best sable if you want to spend a few quid. then dip the tip into paint eg silver to pick out bolt heads. Now get a bit of kitchen towel and wipe it all off using brush strokes just like you were painting, keep going untill you think all the paint has gone, then test on the model the result should be there is so little paint on the brush that it only leaves paint on high points on the model like bolt heads, steps hinges etc etc. if it is still painting the surface you need to go back to the kitchen towel. Hope this makes sence, works best on mat paint and with practice iworks very very well

Brilliant... many many thanks... will be giving that a go then  ;D

It's better than your skid steer Marky, so definitely the right direction  ;);D. I quite like it  ;). Are you just using paint or do you have some weathering kits? I started fiddling with the Tamya sets the other evening on the TM and they put so little on it's very easy to not over-do it.

Try the kits Marky, they seem quite good for beginners like us ;) , sort of like a make up compact with 3 colour blocks and a double ended brush - sponge and bristle tipped. As I think John suggested in the topic I opened, they can be softened up with pretty well anything, I used a bit of water, took some powder off and moved it to a separate piece of plasticard, mixed a few together and dry brushed it on using the technique Dave wrote about earlier. Be better for adding the minor detailing after the airbrush than ordinary paint methinks.... should be able to pick them up in any old model shop where they sell plastic kits.... ???

Try the kits Marky, they seem quite good for beginners like us ;) , sort of like a make up compact with 3 colour blocks and a double ended brush - sponge and bristle tipped. As I think John suggested in the topic I opened, they can be softened up with pretty well anything, I used a bit of water, took some powder off and moved it to a separate piece of plasticard, mixed a few together and dry brushed it on using the technique Dave wrote about earlier. Be better for adding the minor detailing after the airbrush than ordinary paint methinks.... should be able to pick them up in any old model shop where they sell plastic kits.... ???

try a damp brush with the weathering kits if you want a little more on, damp tho, if you make it wet you start painting and you will need to get the cotton buds out......but that another method ;)

i would love to try the kits to simon, but i have never seen them for sale mate, any ideas where to get them????

That does surprise me Sean, I would have thought anywhere which keeps 1/35th Tamiya kits would have them. I got 3 different ones in a quite poky little model shop in Kidderminster [which, anyone who's been there will confirm is a dive with no redeeming features  ;)].

If your local stores don't have them in I'm sure they'd order them in for you, think they're under a fiver each.

I'd love to see you get a kit and have a play round Ash Tree, I reckon you could do some impressive stuff.... not like old Marky 'spray shop daaahn the arches' Ferguson..... ;):D

this is what the kits look like Sean

That's it, those are the kerjiggers Mark, I have the 2 on the left and the 2 on the bottom, but not the one that isn't on the left or the bottom.... that make sense... ??? The purple one!  ::):D