Weathering 2... Markies attempts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good Marky!!, becareful on the sander though!!. is this goinf to be a massey left by an shed or an old one used?, if so, i think you need to darken the treads where they would wear on the road :-\ :-\

what about breaking the top off the exhaust pipe as it would not be that new looking and take the padding off the seat as well and put a bit of scrunched  up paper to look like an old meal bag over it just a few ideas thats the way ours was

Great idea Martin... I'll nip the top off... thanks buddy

looks good Marky!!, becareful on the sander though!!. is this goinf to be a massey left by an shed or an old one used?, if so, i think you need to darken the treads where they would wear on the road :-\ :-\

thanks mate... get over here and help me then please  :-*

Whilst I know I am not in any position to give you many tips... I thought I'd share a couple of things that in my limited time practicing weathering I have picked up/sussed out...

1. If you can get hold of a syringe they make great transfer devices to get the pain into the airbrush... failing that.. for the MINIMAL amount you need... use a straw - just make sure you don't suck up the whole length and get a mouthful of paint  :o - You really do need a tiny tiny amount of paint for each job..

2. Cocktail sticks are great for stirring paint... I nip the pointy end off mine with my cutters to make a 'spade end' on them  :-\

3. Make yourself a quick turntable... any old simple piece of scrap wood screwed (between two washers and not too tightly) to a piece of square (or even a broom handle perhaps)... it really helps if you can hold this in a vice as well... you can turn and pain at the same time then  :-\

4. Keep the paint thin.... it goes on much easier...

5. Make sure you stir the paint really well... it MUST be lump free before it goes into the airbrush

6. Don't ask me for any tips  :D :D

I'd rather be sanded than slashed I reckon :D :D :D

or.. neither really I suppose :-\ :)

For information...

I put a 35x on the belt sander today to give the tyres a little wear.... it lasted all of 5 seconds before the wheels melted and came spinning off  :-[:D :D :D

Not recommended I can tell you