bending plastruct tube

toyboy

Question

I need to bend 3mm plastruct tube, just wondering if anyone has any tips on this subject, don't know if i imagined it but i'm sure some one on here said you could heat it in the microwave and then bend it, any tips on this would be much appreciated, thanks, George.

16 answers to this question

Depends how much you want to bend it and what type of tube, round or square. With round you can put a bit of wire up inside it and bend it that way, will stay in shape then unless of course you need the tube hollow ;)

with that fine a tube i have bent it after rubbing it between my fingers for a min or so, surprised how warm it can get doing it that way, but have also used hot water before, if its hollow then see if you can get some sand ,but prob easier flour insdie it then bend, stuff will blow out after but give it support insdie when you bend it

with that fine a tube i have bent it after rubbing it between my fingers for a min or so, surprised how warm it can get doing it that way, but have also used hot water before, if its hollow then see if you can get some sand ,but prob easier flour insdie it then bend, stuff will blow out after but give it support insdie when you bend it

excellent tip sean, i was wondering how to stop it getting squashed while bending it, i will be sure to remember this ;)

Depends how much you want to bend it and what type of tube, round or square. With round you can put a bit of wire up inside it and bend it that way, will stay in shape then unless of course you need the tube hollow ;)

Get out  :o :o :o :o  poor Gavys been in the field to long.... :D :D :D :D

It can be tricky, I use hot water too, but if none available hold it in front of the fan heater I have in the workshop. Also have a set of tiny springs for bending small metal tube which help - got them somewhere on the web  ???