John Deere "JQ" for Marky 1140

marshman

Well we have just brought a JD 1140 on saturday, got her home yesterday. She is a narrow one but looks ok. I no narrows arnt lots of peoples cup of tea, mine nither but this is wide for a narrow, good for ploughing because its no narrower than a 135, dexta etc. And the wheel centers and mudgards can be moved out or in.

She has done 5000hours "84" A reg. Not sure if we are going to keep her or sell her.

Will get pics soon, anyone want me to try one now? Might be a bit Dark ???:) :) :) :)

Hehe, thanks Guys,  only 3 matey at the mo :D :D County, international and this  ;D

Yes we do, although i have brought a lot of models over the past few weeks (will puts some pics up in a min)

As for driving, i love her, so easy, powersteering can turn with you little finger, 8 forward 4 reverse gears :D too fast in 4 reverse i guess, im not going to try it  :D

As for Rare, pretty i think, not really really rare but less comman than the Standed one

Hehe, thanks Guys,  only 3 matey at the mo :D :D County, international and this   ;D

Yes we do, although i have brought a lot of models over the past few weeks (will puts some pics up in a min)

As for driving, i love her, so easy, powersteering can turn with you little finger, 8 forward 4 reverse gears :D too fast in 4 reverse i guess, im not going to try it  :D

As for Rare, pretty i think, not really really rare but less comman than the Standed one

im not very used to that  :'( she seems a good little tractor  :P what sort of horse is she adam?

seemed like more than 3 ads i must say :D :D :D going to hunt through the pics from the cornwall show last year in a bit, as i am sure somebody had a resto one down there from memory

Yes it does, i spose with all the ones we have had and sold.

Here is a list i can think of in order on when we got them

1. Mf 35 4 pot with loader, loads of easy start needed, but when running nice tractor, Sold due to getting fed up with easy start

2. Fergi Tef, my tractor, free with the 35 pulled out of a hedge, good tinwork but we found it had a crack in the liner, although still good for free.

3. International b275, brought from a bloke with 70 tractors, pulled out of a hedge again got it how towed it down the road a few feet away she went. Still got it now had a few bits done to it but needs lots of work, leaks more oil than it uses fuel.

4 International  b275, brought with the other one for bits. Towed out of a lload of brambles  with small trees growing up it. Sold, bloke came and picked i up with Rover 75, way overweight, all the way from manchester.

5. Mf 35 4cly, really nice tractor, easy start need though, although not much. Sold because somone offed a lot of money for it.

6. Ford 3600 with q  cab off, fitted the cab back on really rough condtion but started ran and drove really well, swaped for the following.

7. Massey 135 straight axle. Tatty wings but as with all started, ran and drove really well. Nut and bolt restoration was done, had to sell cause Mum and Dad need the money at the time.

8. Leyland errr 344 i think now the bigger 1 272 or somthing, really straight tractor, non runner sezied through standing, pulled out of the most picture perfect old tradtional farm ever chickens used it as there pen  ::), lovely place. Sold due to the next tractor comming up. Really brought to sell

9. Massey 165, as seen on here, i miss it, dont no why we sold it :'( :'( Went to a good home though

10. Massey 135 as seen on here, brought to make money so sold.

11. County 1004 as on here.

12 Jd 1140 narrow

May think of more :D::) ::) Oh and compacts

kubota b6000 with loader  done thousands and thousands of hours, really hard worked batterd and took some heat to start sat in the cold but a really reilble old work horse Still going stong now Sold to a freind of Mum and Dads.

Kubota b7100 as on here with loader

im not very used to that  :'( she seems a good little tractor  :P what sort of horse is she adam?

Neither am i, nearly put it in to the landy when i first steered it (not really) Is weird so light. As for horses, not sure matey, has anyone got any idea?

Thanks Matey, do the number relate to anything 1140?

Yes sounds a good idea Rhys bring it on ye har  :D :D :D

Leaving kent now, should be at your by Christmas day :D :D

And you call yourself a jd fan ad..... Yes the number does mean something, 11 is the designation in the 40series line up.... make sence?  dont mean any thing to do with HP, the new system does tho

And you call yourself a jd fan ad..... Yes the number does mean something, 11 is the designation in the 40series line up.... make sence?  dont mean any thing to do with HP, the new system does tho

Um i am ashamed to say i dont no  :-[ I no 40 was the seris but didnt no what the 11 ment, Thanks Nick mate. New ones mease horse power then? 6930?  930hp  :D :D :D What do they stand for? Thanks Ad