Simple New Holland conversion.

JC

Question

Heres a simple conversion for anyone wanting to try there hand, this is a New holland 8560 which I'm going to transfer onto another chassis which offers more realistic steering and and front fenders.

First job is to remove the parts needed from the New Holland donor model, the cab just unclips from the wings and lifts off. Next its time to remove the floor pan, this is easily removed  with the help of a screw driver, gently push the end of the screw driver in between the metal chassis and and the plastic floorpan and then slowly twist it until the floorpan "pops" off.

post-27-132638495824_thumb.jpg

The next item to remove is the bonnet, this should just pull off without too much trouble. Take care nt to be too heavy handed as this could result in you breaking the bonnet. As you can see in the picture, it is just a push fit onto the chassis and its best to hold the bonnet where the locating peg is to minimise the chance of any damage whilst removing it.

post-27-13263849585_thumb.jpg

Next job is to prepare the new chassis, I've used a Case maxxum as this has fenders fitted to the front axle but a Renault cergos chassis is just the same other than the front fenders and wheel centre colours.

First remove the cab, and then the floorpan, both of these are easily removed on this model. Next you need your screw driver again to gently prise off the bonnet, put it between the bonnet and the chassis at the front and gently twist until the bonnet pops off.

post-27-132638495863_thumb.jpg

Next you fit the New Holland floorpan, this will just slot into place and locates on the raised square section on the chassis.

When fitting the bonnet, Fit the bonnet sides first, this will locate onto the mounting peg on top of the chassis as shown.

post-27-132638495913_thumb.jpg

Re fit the drivers seat and cab and you are done with the main part, I've added some new decals to this one and it's now a TM130.

All that remains to do to this one is painting of the wheel centres, this would not be necassary on the Cergos chassis but you wouldn't get the fenders you get with the Case chassis.

You can go further by adding extensions to the rear mudguards, these can be easily made from thin plasticard and glued under the existing floorpan.

post-27-132638495896_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure on the Siku/Britains compatibility Mark, but, to take off wheels from a Britains tractor such as the New Holland 8560, remove the white "nut" in the middle by just pulling it out. You may need to put your nails between it and the wheel centre to get it out, and then slip the wheel off.

Hope That Helps  :) :)

Great post, just what we new/not yet entered to the world of conversion world, some of us need. Just the job. Some funny replies in amongst it as always too!! I'm still working on my 6180/362 to 390T conversion. I say still working, what I actually mean is I havn't done owt for yonks!!

ever tried convertin a britains 8730 to an 8630/tw15. shortening the bonnet like

No I haven't Brian, I think there is a picture of one somewhere done by one of the Irish members if I think back. Are they easy to do??