Whats your latest Farm / Construction buy - Year 2009

FB

why do you keep these items in the box,i know its your choice and fair play to you but surely its better to get them out and display

I keep everything that comes in a box in the box to preserve the model. I already have around 600 models 'on display' and have no more room for display. You should see the rest I have piled up in two rooms and running out of space. Thats the trouble with having a small 2 down and 3 up house.  ;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep everything that comes in a box in the box to preserve the model. I already have around 600 models 'on display' and have no more room for display. You should see the rest I have piled up in two rooms and running out of space. Thats the trouble with having a small 2 down and 3 up house.  ;)

plenty room here if you want :D :D :P

Hope you didn't pay money for the logs CMB, they're easy to make from a Sycamore sapling.  ;)

My latest purchase, Britains straw boxed 12 churns from 1970. From eBay for 99p. Another seller had the same 'item' on a 'buy it now' for £21.  :o

Hope you didn't pay money for the logs CMB, they're easy to make from a Sycamore sapling.  ;)

Erm not much no  :-[:-X

My latest purchase, Britains straw boxed 12 churns from 1970. From eBay for 99p. Another seller had the same 'item' on a 'buy it now' for £21.  :o

Seems excessive! How do the old churns differ from more recent ones (if at all)?

The new churns are a very dark grey colour, deep slate colour, whereas all the earlier ones were a more silver colour. I'm not sure if they came in an earlier box but this box is reddish orange with black writing with the wheat stalks each side on the front panel and has a window. Later ones just canme in a celophane plastic typr bag with a label on it and I think there were 6 churns in it and not 12. The sacks vary as well. early ones were rubber, like the bales, a bit squidgy, and were a pale grey colour, later ones are a darker grey and the new ones are dark blue. I've got a box of the early bales coming any day soon so when they arrive I'll post up a picture of the churns, sacks and bales together.

I remember years ago an uncle of mine found 6 loaves of bread in one of his churns, the baker forgot to tell him when he delivered the bread that he had put them in the churn.  ::) Best thing we found with milk churns that they were a wonderful form of communication, all the dairy farmers used to pencil messages to one another in the under side of the lids and one in particular sticks in my mind, 'meet me behind the cow shed at half past nine'. Whoever it was meant for knew who it was from. Swapping short jokes was another favourite.

The new churns are a very dark grey colour, deep slate colour, whereas all the earlier ones were a more silver colour. I'm not sure if they came in an earlier box but this box is reddish orange with black writing with the wheat stalks each side on the front panel and has a window. Later ones just canme in a celophane plastic typr bag with a label on it and I think there were 6 churns in it and not 12. The sacks vary as well. early ones were rubber, like the bales, a bit squidgy, and were a pale grey colour, later ones are a darker grey and the new ones are dark blue. I've got a box of the early bales coming any day soon so when they arrive I'll post up a picture of the churns, sacks and bales together.

Other sacks I've noticed: beige late 70s (1741); chocolate brown released late 80s/90s?

As to the churns (are we really having this discussion? :D) I think you're referring to the vehicle loads sets, yes?: http://cgi.ebay.ca/1979-Britains-Plastic-Vehicle-Loads-Churns-Sacks-NOS_W0QQitemZ220476619344QQcmdZViewItemQQptZToy_Soldiers?hash=item33556e3a50&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.

Look forward to your photos powerrabbit