??????Are you a fan of loaders on tractors?????.

Light Land

I quite like to see a loader on a tractor. And I'd rather cart bales with a loader tractor and trailer than anything else. There's a nice feeling heading into a field, dropping your trailer, loading up and heading back as a self contained unit. Some of these new loaders are getting a bit big and heavy though, I drove a T6030 with a new Q series loader on down the road and it was a real bouncy old thing with nothing on the back....

Have to agree there Simon - the new Quicke's are the dogs danglies but I find with my friend's Valtra N101 with Q45 loader she bounces like a bucking bronco although turning soft ride on does help.

How do you find the Quicke loader on the MF Marky?

I love my loader Colm... it's a great piece of kit... It's never been off either... Although I don't use it much it's handy to have around if that makes sense...

Only yesterday my neighbour on the estate was loading a skip so I popped down to his to compact is a little more for him...

I usually leave the bucket on which is more useful than the pallet forks (and a damn bit safer on the road)..

So... to answer your question Ol... I'm a keen fan of loaders - they don't really get in the way when they are not being used... it makes my tractor a bit more 'swiss army knife' like - which can only be a plus in my book  :)

There is no such thing as a machine for every job but a tractor with a good loader comes closer than most. You have all seen the one I drive I think.

NH 8360, 4WD, 135hp, shuttle; loader is Quickie I think ???, smooth ride, 2.2t lift, can load a grain lorry with ease, quick release.

It's a great machine.

:)

love loder tractors, but not always on the big tractors, to me its more a mid range or smaller thing, sometimes they just look plain silly on the big one bit like that jd jez posted, saw a valtra t 191 the other day with a tiny loader on it, surprised it got past the weights he had on, just looked weird

I think loader tractors are great, perhaps I'm slightly biased since my main tractor is one though........ ;D

I know having them fitted when not doing loader work can be a pain sometimes, in cases like last Summer when mine was rowing up hay on a hill, the loader even in it's lowest position can make things a bit more dodgy on the steepest bits........

All in all I think they look good........I think some of them take a bit to get used to though, I remember seeing one on a Deutz-Fahr Agrotron 155 that never used to have it but after a while I got used to the look of it........ :)

I hate the blooming things, you lose so much view when not using it, makes your tractor that much longer for pulling out at blind corners and the likes.... when i mow mine comes off, had a few fights with the bosses becouse they dont know how to put them on or off, i wont have them doing dirt work, would rather not have it on bailing but it does come in handy, the rake tractor needs a loader in my book becouse it loads the trucks.....

But over all i hate them, tractors wernt built for them.... Im sure that tris,s 40 series front axle cant take 2.2t on its cappacity rating.... Thats how we break them so much, front axles arnt built for the down pressure a loader causes, front links ant so bad on axles..

im not overly mad about having them on tractors 365 days a year  as all the extra weight on the front axles just like the front weight we generally take them off when theyre not needed that said our old ts 110 is sorely missed it had a tanco loader on it and were lost with out  it going to get bales winter feeding on rented plots its ackward bringing a tractor and trailer only to go home and bring a digger back when a tractor+loader could have done it in the one spin so im for having the tractor fitted with brackets so when its needed in the winter etc it can be put on but when you see lads doing silage with a loader bouncing around in front of them thats when id wonder what damage its doing long term and a loader tractor can be abused on some farms

Yes I am...

Of this loader tractor.........

P011F238.jpg

Not often seen on one of those!!!  I wouldn't have thought it was the most suitable tractor to put a loader on TBH. 

For myself, I've never been a great fan of fore end loaders, but they do have their place. 

I spent a couple of years on a 5000 acre place that had two front loader tractors (Case MXM130) and no other handler (or indeed any other tractor for that matter :o[apart from one Quadtrac]), so got fairly used to them.  They turned out to be OK for most jobs (even loading wheat from over metal air ducts once I got used to them! ;)

i always hate tractors and loaders thought they looked odd and awkward espeacially the one we had on the 6150 massey  :-\ :(  but since we got rid of the masseys and got the loading shovel we missed it when goin to draw bales and we needed two drivers  :-\  so we purchased a quickie for the 115 that had been lyong round the dealers never used  ;D but now im a changed man  :D  also the telehandler was far to heavy for field work  ;)

post-665-13263900484_thumb.jpg

post-665-132639004844_thumb.jpg

Love them myself, one of the most versatile bit's of kit you can get, a tractor with a loader on. You can find just about any job you can do for it and still go out and do fieldwork, can't do that with a handler, not that i've got anything against handlers, and as someones already pointed out, with a modern loader you can pick it up or drop it off in 5 minutes anyway.

post-611-132639004894_thumb.jpg

Love them myself, one of the most versatile bit's of kit you can get, a tractor with a loader on. You can find just about any job you can do for it and still go out and do fieldwork, can't do that with a handler, not that i've got anything against handlers, and as someones already pointed out, with a modern loader you can pick it up or drop it off in 5 minutes anyway.

Ill second that comment,every word you have just said sums up exactly why a loader tractor is so handy-especially on livestock farms where telehandlers in some areas of the country are few and far between.

considering we have a stock farm and do a sh*t load of hours all winter with a loader we really should have a telehandler.............can`t afford it  tho so  provided you keep things right then tractor loaders  are fine....just drop the loader off if you don`t want it there  for example.

We used to have the old mf 880 loader the fitted  both the 390 and our old 590 you simply split it at the top beams and the rams and that was it, it stayed on the 4wd 390 all winter and came on and off  the 590 sometimes 3 times in the day  in summer  if we were perhaps cartin bales am, wrapping bales pm and depending , sometimes I`ll stick it back on again to be ready to cart bales next morning.

There are however in my opinion  a couple  of options that should be standard, quick fit attachments...self explanatory  no need to leave the cab at all  when hooking things on or off  and soft drive , eliminates almost 100% of the bounce from our rough tracks .certainly saves the tractor and a lot of wear on the loader .

I`ll put out somewhere around 2000 bales of silage each winter  nowadays ,used to be more ,.... they`ll have been stacked the previous summer, 300 or so mini hesston or round bales of straw, perhaps a couple hundred round bales of hay , all the muck , in , out of the midden ,loaded into spreaders , stacked up when it`s rotted down plus all the other digging , stone lifting , cow lifting , branch lifting, man lifting he he  ;) means ours is invaluable........

But over all i hate them, tractors wernt built for them.... Im sure that tris,s 40 series front axle cant take 2.2t on its cappacity rating.... Thats how we break them so much, front axles arnt built for the down pressure a loader causes, front links ant so bad on axles..

I would have thought that a front linkage used at capacity will do as much harm to a front axle as a loader Nick  :-\ The weight of a loader is spread [to an extent] to the rear axle by virtue of its being mid mounted... a linkage hanging out front with a big load on - I dunno, full width press & crumbler or something - must be just as bad for the axle as a loader moving bales....  ???

We replaced a lot of wheel bearings on 2wd loader tractors when I was spannering, more so on machines with trailer wheels fitted as the offset of the rim forces the wheels to splay out, not to mention the king pins or whatever you call them..... but I've not known anything like that fail on a 4wd tractor. I would have thought a modern 4wd front axle would easily support a few tonnes on top of the GVW?

there good when you have a use for them but annoying when not  :D;) id rather have the manitou over a loader anyday  ;) the manitou pulls the trailer with bales on just as good as a tractor , it doesnt mark as it has wide tyres ,has smooth ride on the boom , better braking than a tractor , and better visability than a tractor , the only other good thing for a loader is there are extra weight if you got somthing heavy on the back

for me its a telehandler  ;) whatever size tractor/loader im not a fan of them  ;)