"Walter Derwent's" earthmover and plant photographs

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh brilliant pics walter  :) you got a pics of a few machines we still have round the back  :D like the the cat 215 shes in the field ,poclain 60 which we are in the middle of changing the front axle as it had snapped while working on the railway  ::):) we did have 2 75's too , a wheeled and a tracked  :) the track one was sold a few years ago but the wheeled one caught fire while ditching on a farm ,thats were we got the axle for the 60  ;):D nice to see pic of them working  :) i was using our international td8 dozer yesterday pulling a mole plough  ;):D:) what are these new hollands like then walter?? keep the pics coming there brilliant  :)

Thanks Rich, my Dad spent a fair bit of time on an old tracked Poclain 75 aswell, pictures some where  ;) Said he really enjoyed his time on the New Holland machines some of the best modern machines he's operated, especially the zero tail swing excavator, very useful for an excavator of it's weight in confined spaces.  :)

yea i started on one 2 wd good digger to start on i am on a brand new case 590 super r now whit all the bells and whishles on it

Newer versions i've been told by a couple of Dad's mates are decent machines, I always remember the hoses sticking out significantly from the top of the backhoe on the older models which never appeared to look quite as tidy as the JCB machines.

Thanks Rich, my Dad spent a fair bit of time on an old tracked Poclain 75 aswell, pictures some where  ;) Said he really enjoyed his time on the New Holland machines some of the best modern machines he's operated, especially the zero tail swing excavator, very useful for an excavator of it's weight in confined spaces.  :)

we got an 8 ton schaeff which is zero tail swing and shes a good machine for its size  ;):) its been with molems and costains for the last few years my uncle said its brilliant as you can load next to live lanes on the road without waiting for the traffic  :) as the other rubber ducks had to wait  :D like the js130 and the komatsus  :D

Your Schaeff sounds like a smart machine only ever seen mini diggers and wheel loaders from them in the flesh, do have a brochure on them hidden away some where.

Newer versions i've been told by a couple of Dad's mates are decent machines, I always remember the hoses sticking out significantly from the top of the backhoe on the older models which never appeared to look quite as tidy as the JCB machines.

um the new ones are smart to use  yea i no what you mean but they are so nice to use i drove a f reg jcb 3ck for a while they are nice but not as good as good as the cases

Dad said the Cases were good machines to operate, hasn't driven one in years though. I've had a few brief gos on a G plate grey cab 3CX and later "Project 8" machines.

ooooooooooo i love it

ahh thats brian's 3cx  ;)  :) good pics keep them coming  ;):)

It's a tidy machine, based a couple of miles back up the road from where I live. Here's two more :)

This is the machine my Dad has been driving most recently a JCB 8060, tommorow he's been put on a JS160, will be getting some pictures on wednesday.

DSC03222.jpg

And now for something a little bit different, a Vogele paving machine seen parked up a couple of avenues from where I live.

DSC03224.jpg

i love that digger

Nice little machine mate, gives me an excuse to buy the Britains 8060 too  ;)

I like the smell to funnily enough  ::)  :D :D

It's nice, but give me the smell of T.V.O at a ploughing match any day  ;)

Today I sent my camera to work with my Dad and this is what I discovered on it when he came back.

DSC03452.jpg

DSC03456.jpg

DSC03454.jpg

Your dad and you have photographed lots of different machines through the years and it is nice to see some old fashioned plant and then seeing some brand new Equipment in the same topic and also some British JCBs instead of pictures of Komatsu and liebherr machines from Europe. what would you say is your favorite piece of plant machinery you have photographed ?         

Your dad and you have photographed lots of different machines through the years and it is nice to see some old fashioned plant and then seeing some brand new Equipment in the same topic and also some British JCBs instead of pictures of Komatsu and liebherr machines from Europe. what would you say is your favorite piece of plant machinery you have photographed ?          

Thank you Jcb4cxkid, Very difficult but good question to answer, of the ones I have taken myself I don't really have a favourite because they don't contain the nostalgia like the ones my Dad has taken.

I'm very lucky my Dad was camera happy in the younger days of his career. I really enjoy going through the older photographs he took because there's so many fasicinating stories attached to them. I'm a big JCB fan and that's expressed in my model collection, I also spent a lot of time around the older JCB  3CX's when I was getting older and have a bit of a soft spot for the E reg example my Dad operated for quite some time as he kept it in really good order. However i'm also a big fan of old Caterpillar equipment, so any photograph with a big old Cat bulldozer has me drooling like a dog.

But truth be told i've such an interest in all aspects of tractors and plant it's very difficult put my finger on a specific favourite. :) 

Here's a selection of other JCB tracked excavators my Dad has driven over the years from the older 800 series machines through to the more modern JS range.

First up an 806B equipped with a vibrating plate attachment working alongside a Poclain 75 on a farm near Weaverthorpe on the Wold tops.

dig34.jpg

A later model 814 used on a site near York.

dig2.jpg

Early Sumitomo derived JS200 used on a site in Scarborough.

Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg

Later model JS130 also used on a site in Scarborough.

dig1.jpg

Bigger JS220 Dad used on a piled site on the coast at Whitby for some fancy apartments.

dig43.jpg

Thank you Andy, it was quite a tired machine when my Dad was asked to operate it. It was hired in off another contractor near York to perform that specific task because the firm my Dad was on for at the time didn't have another machine available to do the job. But in the short time Dad had it, it ran trouble free and achieved what was required from it.  :)

Thank you Andy, it was quite a tired machine when my Dad was asked to operate it. It was hired in off another contractor near York to perform that specific task because the firm my Dad was on for at the time didn't have another machine available to do the job. But in the short time Dad had it, it ran trouble free and achieved what was required from it.  :)

excellent pictures, some times the old dinosaurs can surprise you

excellent pictures, some times the old dinosaurs can surprise you

Thanks Andy, they certainly can mate and sometimes can be as effective as the really new equipment. Here's a recent sighting of a much newer dinosaur with rather a long neck, a Case CX210 working for the Environment Agency.

I found this excavator in a field not far from where I work and went back this morning to take some photographs. They'd been clearing out an overgrown beck that runs alongside the field and thinned out a few trees too. The machine is also piped for a big grab.

DSC03540.jpg

DSC03541.jpg