"Walter Derwent's" earthmover and plant photographs

They look like very tidy machines Andy, thanks for sharing them, chap my Dad used to work for ran an older KH66 on steel tracks I recall, nifty little machine. I'll have to find the photographs I took at S.E.D a few years back of a 65 tonne demolition spec Hitachi with a very long jib and get them scanned and popped on here.  ;)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet i have been to Sed the last 3 years in a row, i was asked to demonstrate for haniz at the time but never heard anymore from them. Are machines are not bad i would rather drive the kubota than the komatsu. i think kubotas are one of the best makes of mini diggers dare i say it but better than Jcb, dont want the jcb massive on me now  ::)

Sweet i have been to Sed the last 3 years in a row, i was asked to demonstrate for haniz at the time but never heard anymore from them. Are machines are not bad i would rather drive the kubota than the komatsu. i think kubotas are one of the best makes of mini diggers dare i say it but better than Jcb, dont want the jcb massive on me now  ::)

I'd love to go again for a look round, haven't been for a few years now, I went two years running when it was at Milton Keynes, it's a decent day out. :)

woww now thats some baby, i seen a lebear(sorry about spelling) the other day i think it was a 758 or something most likely wrong, was a big demolition rig anyway. 

Heres a couple of things i get let loose on  ;D

Regards ... Andy

Proberly a liebherr 954 demo version m8, beuatfull looking machines

Proberly a liebherr 954 demo version m8, beuatfull looking machines

you have hit the nail on the head, that is what it was, i wish i had my camera with me, on of them one that would make a cracking photo. ;)

now that is a machine, i will have to take my camera more with me when i go to work, also i have some photos from SED, i will email you them and you can post the walter(if that is your name sorry)

It was a proper monster, I was in the right place at the right time when they decided to show it at full stretch. Even though I have a career indoors and I have to wear a shirt and tie to work, I have just short of a 30 mile round trip to drive and my camera always comes me with just in case I see anything on my journey. I'd be more than happy to post them for you Andy, but don't be afraid to start a plant/earthmover topic of your own, i'm sure there'd be plenty of forum members on here interested in them, especially looking forward to seeing them myself. :)

Nothing to be sorry about mate, my real name is David, "Walter Derwent" is a nick-name or alter ego given to me at the Young Farmer's Club i'm involved with. ;)

nice pics david  :) im sure it was that case that came through our farm clearing the dyke  :-\ they had a reed bucket for one little bit then they used a normal grading bucket for the rest  :D;):)

Thank you Rich, a large grading bucket was all I could find on my visit to photograph it, but it is piped for something a bit more significant, I've seen a few of there machines in the past near here and seen them running with a grab for handling some of the awkward areas they can't get to with the tractor. :)

Here's an old Poclain 75 my Dad spent a fair bit of time on a few years back on a very wet site. The old girl doesn't look all that pretty and had been patched up on more than one occasion ,but still did a decent job, as far as i'm aware it's still been run by the same contractor today.

dig31.jpg

dig23.jpg

good machines those 75's  ;):) our one snapped the boom  ::):D ill have to get a pic as its still down the back  :D hell of a crack  :D

My Dad's enjoyed driving several Poclains over the years. This one was looking fairly battle scarred when my Dad drove it, mechanically a sound machine though :)

Will be interesting to see a machine with that kind of injury Rich.  :D

A few more JCB photographs next beside the sea side. My Dad has been involved with quite a number of re-generation and improvement projects on Scarborough's sea front over the years for various firms and with various machines, including this little task pecking out the footpaths and walk ways above the sea walls.

dig27.jpg

dig25.jpg

dig30.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice pics, that volvo looks realy nice, would be nice to own i recon some thing diffrent

Thanks Nick, very tidy machine that seemed to create plenty of interest. :)

Nice Volvo BM 642 there ;)

Thanks for identifying her Colm, first time i've seen a rigid, rear steer Volvo loading shovel before, made for an interesting sight in amongst the line up of telescopic loaders. :)

Thanks Mark, from articles i've read I believe the Hydra - Digger/Loadall 65 is from the late 50s and was replaced by the JCB 4 in the early 60s.

That 50b was in fairly decent fettle, nice original machine. I'll admit though my favourite just has to be the 3CII, I found it yesterday on the farm where the big New Holland TG was working, lovely old machine. :)

cracking pics there i like the last one 3cx the tuperwear speical i use to opperate one of them

Thanks Steve, what did you reckon to it? My Dad's driven one in the past too, he thought it was a fairly good machine.