"Walter Derwent's" earthmover and plant photographs

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love that jcb 3c

what a backhoe loader

You obviously have an eagle's eye to spot the one parked behind the Case Tracked loader  ;) The other backhoe loader in this topic is an old Case. However as we are on the subject of JCB backhoe loaders mate, here's my Dad's pride and joy from early nineties, an E reg 3CX which was kept in really nice order.

These two photos were taken just at the bottom of the road from where I live, they show the machine on the site of a new Landrover dealership.

dig21.jpg

Posing on top of one the mounds Dad landscaped out of all the waste soil to make a little adventure playground for the Landrovers.

lan3.jpg

those were the days  :P you could leave your buckets out and they we safe :)  now you have to partically have a security gaurd as there always going missing  >:( and there not cheap ither  :-\

Very true mate, those days are long gone.

I have had a play with the plough behind me Farmall Cub at a working day last year but as for the Ransome MG2 crawler I aint going to work it and get it messed up.

Wow Bill, your little MG2 looks superb, absolute credit to you, lovely little crawler. Here's a couple i've seen in the past, an MG2 at a local rally and a bit bigger one ploughing at "Festival of the Plough" a few years back.

ransomesmg2.jpg

ransomesmg.jpg

And here's one of my favourite Catepillars from the past, a really tidy D5 on L.G.P tracks my Dad used on a bypass project near York many years ago.

dig49.jpg

I have had a play with the plough behind me Farmall Cub at a working day last year but as for the Ransome MG2 crawler I aint going to work it and get it messed up.

Wow Bill, your little MG2 looks superb, absolute credit to you, lovely little crawler. Here's a couple i've seen in the past, an MG2 at a local rally and a bit bigger one ploughing at "Festival of the Plough" a few years back.

Thanks David... I've owned my MG2 a while now in fact it was restored in 1985 ...24 years ago

I attach a link to a post I did on it

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=21539.0

Thanks David... I've owned my MG2 a while now in fact it was restored in 1985 ...24 years ago

I attach a link to a post I did on it

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=21539.0

Thanks for posting the link to your little MG2 Bill, amazing to see it in the condition it still is, love the hand painted sign writing, top class :)

Well David when I restored my MG2 and completed in the spring of 1985 transfers were not available so I had to try my best and copy what I could from blown up pictures in the handbook etc. I try to do as much on the restoration side as possible myself because I have a motto.... if I can do something myself I won't pay anyone else to do it for me ;) ;)

I have a motto.... if I can do something myself I won't pay anyone else to do it for me ;) ;)

I reckon that motto applies to all Yorkshiremen, certainly most of my family Bill ;)

Here's some more photographs from the road building project near York my Dad used the L.G.P D5 on.

From the same contractor as the D5 come a pair Caterpillar excavators, a 225 and 235 loading another company's Volvo A.D.Ts. The Aveling Barford grader is also from the same place as the Cats and one of very few graders my Dad has had a go on.

The other two excavators are a pair of Ackerman H16s loading more Volvo A.D.Ts on another part of the site.

dig28.jpg

dig46.jpg

dig48.jpg

dig47.jpg

Here's a variety of tracked excavators seen and photographed by Dad over the years.

Starting at the bottom of the road where I live on a very wet site my brother and I are seen standing in front of a old Caterpillar 215 many years ago.

dig12.jpg

On the same site we came across this big Norwegian Broyt X45 TB, never seen another since.

dig11.jpg

Seen in front of the Lighthouse at Flamborough is this really smart O & K RH6 LC which had just been bought second hand by the firm my Dad was working for at the time. It's maiden task here was to help install a new sewage pumping station.

dig44.jpg

When a larger machine was needed to help install a new fuel tank on a site near the National Railway Mueseum in York the contractor my Dad was working for aquired the services of this Ackerman H10 from D.H. Turner plant.

dig8.jpg

Another photo taken very close to home, just a few hundred yards away from where I live, this International 640HD was being used on drainage work from new housing estate back in the early nineties.

dig45.jpg

takes me back seen stepney machines, i have a few pics of them also as they were based nr to were i live.

DH Turner are also based about 7 miles from my house at catfoss

My Dad was wondering about D H Turner and whether their machines were still about, he seems to remember them having a few of those Ackerman excavators many years ago. The photo of that Stepney International is one of my favourites, never seen many of them, a chap that my Dad used to work for had a yellow International but it was a bit of a rusting heap last time I saw it on a tip near Whitby.

Here's Dad aboard a Poclain 90ck on a building site at Crossgates near Scarborough.

dig17.jpg

dig29.jpg

Love the pics mate, ill have to snap some pics when im working our D4-7U again next week Keep the old plant comming mate

Thanks Nick, that would be great to see the D4, a company my Dad used to work for ran a pair of D4 dozers not sure what suffix they were, but i'll have a look for them as they kept one to take to vintage working days. There's a few more photographs on the way, my Dad very kindly dug out from the garage a box load more wallets with photos of the Case and Cat tracked loaders he used 30 years ago.

Here's a big Cat 235 excavator ( the same one from the road building job) seen on demolition clear up duties in Scarborough loading a Volvo FL series tipper.

dig7.jpg

dig33.jpg

dig18.jpg

As I've had to cope with quite a bit of the white stuff today it seems only appropriate that I post a few "snowy" pictures from the archives.

These photographs were taken just before day break and as the Sun comes up on a pair of JCB 806 tracked excavators about to get to work on the start of a housing estate at Strensall just over 30 years ago.

jcb806.jpg

jcb8062.jpg

jcb8063.jpg

From the Case tracked loader my Dad was operating.

jcb8064.jpg

Very nice pics, Looking at that last one it makes you wonder how many front windos got smashed working like that,

Thanks Nick, i've been reliably informed a replacement was fitted to this machine at some point during its working life.

Wooden profiles,

levelling staf,

Wish I had a pound for everyone of those I did as a banksman / surveyors runner.

Sam Tyler moment...

A bit different from the lasers involved nowadays.

Here's some modern New Holland Kobelco excavators and New Holland bulldozer my Dad operated for a Leeds based firm on sites at Catterick and Scarborough in 2007.

First up the zero tail swing machine at Catterick.

2007_0607Pics20070055.jpg

2007_0607Pics20070057.jpg

2007_0607Pics20070058.jpg

Whilst at Scarborough, the big 485 model and bulldozer.

DSCF0391.jpg

DSCF0392.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

thanks for putting them up my old man has ahd a look and like them some nice pics in there a lot of them dont make gear any more like that

i have never seen an intternal digger before i no my old man use to have an drowt and i think that was internal that case will digger is like the one i frist drove not to long ago brought back memoris thanks very much

thanks for putting them up my old man has ahd a look and like them some nice pics in there a lot of them dont make gear any more like that

i have never seen an intternal digger before i no my old man use to have an drowt and i think that was internal that case will digger is like the one i frist drove not to long ago brought back memoris thanks very much

Thank you New Holland Driver, glad your Dad enjoyed looking through them too, plenty more on the way. I've seen very few International excavators and that's the only red and white one i've seen. It will have been an International mate, as far as i'm aware Drott were the company that developed the 4 in 1 bucket and International came to an agreement to market them on their machines. My Dad drove quite a few Case 580G and 580Ks before moving onto JCB 3CXs with another firm will post some more pictures of these soon. 

ahh brilliant pics walter  :) you got a pics of a few machines we still have round the back  :D like the the cat 215 shes in the field ,poclain 60 which we are in the middle of changing the front axle as it had snapped while working on the railway  ::):) we did have 2 75's too , a wheeled and a tracked  :) the track one was sold a few years ago but the wheeled one caught fire while ditching on a farm ,thats were we got the axle for the 60  ;):D nice to see pic of them working  :) i was using our international td8 dozer yesterday pulling a mole plough  ;):D:) what are these new hollands like then walter?? keep the pics coming there brilliant  :)