"Walter Derwent's" earthmover and plant photographs

Whilst tidying out one of my desk draws I found these three photographs Dad took a few years back from Coldstones Quarry close to the little village of Greenhow in Nidderdale, reputedly one of England's highest situated quarries. Dad worked here when he was much younger bulldozing overburden with a Caterpillar D7.

IMGcoldstones_0001.jpg

IMGcoldstones_0002.jpg

IMGcoldstones_0003.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great pictures david , just had a look back through the topic

dont see many of that type of terex handlers.

in the last picture whats the old building behind , some sort of old mill etc ?

Thanks ever so much Rich, don't add to this topic all that much anymore so it was nice capture these machines in action.

Haven't seen many of these Terex handlers before either, the same family run an artciulated example too at another farm. :)

I'm assuming the old building was previously a mill, however I will ask for certain the next time I visit them. With harvest just around the corner i'm planning on capturing a lot more of thier machinery in action. :)