Ertl 2009

AJH

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mmm is it just be or has that gone backwards from the first ones?? it looks a bit sand box finish to me ?????

not sure Sean, i remember someone saying they were big models anyway when the 1st ones were released, slightly oversized and not quite 1:32??

Can someone confirm that? ???

anyway its Ertl....has the swing hitch ::)

it may well be slightly oversize, like the jd's with removable loaders they did,but if thats going to get swapped box wise and sold in the uk, its pretty naff compaired to the old ones, not to much detail, very poor looking finish to?? itacky looking, looks the sort of toy i would find in a pound shop almost,unlike the last ones, which actually looked pretty good to me, even though i dont own one

is there a case version  ?

would say a yellow version would look better and alot cheaper than the UH balers

would say its a good kids toy really  ::)  and i think a round baler would of been a better route

is there a case version   ?

Yes, there will be.

would say a yellow version would look better and alot cheaper than the UH balers

This is the Ertl (US) version. These balers are still sold in red in the US.  There will probably be a European release later in the year which will be yellow.  :)

would say its a good kids toy really  ::)

Errr, yes.    A toy is exactly what it is designed to be. That is why it is less detailed and less expensive than Universal Hobbies.  ::)

and i think a round baler would of been a better route

I would say that large square balers are more common (particularly in the US), and to a great extent, the toys produced are governed by what the OEMs want.  Obviously NH wanted this one.  ;)

To mee it looks like the same chassis but has updated body work....

That is not unusual, and as the real thing is mainly based on the old model, I don't see why it should need a new chassis  ??? 

I think you hit the nail bang on the head there

From the pics I have seen, there isn't a lot of 'detail' on the real thing.

i really hope rc2 dont just use that as a new latest version for us euro buyers, that would do them no good what so ever, the current ones are very nice compaired to that ,we all know what they are like for reboxing a us model and selling it over here

TM810 - here's a pic of the real thing. Would you mind explaining exactly what is wrong with the toy in comparison?

sqaure-baler-9000.jpg

Ertl will obviously produce toys that are geared towards the US . That is their biggest market.  These balers are available in Europe too, albeit in a different colour scheme.  The toy will be released in yellow when/if it comes to Europe.  I cannot see the problem here. 

well clearly i seem to have rubbed your back up with my comments ?? do you work for rc2 or something ??? ??? ???  every time somebody expresses a negative or slightly negative view on a rc2 model you go all defensive

to me, its not as good as the previous nh or case baler, they look far more finished in apperance, a bit more thought has gone into the finish,the extra detaling on them,   this looks more shinny and plastic than them??the additive tank looks lumpy ??   although they are on real ones, it seems to be a victim of the credit crunch in its finish. its hard to explain from just pics, but its a very US looking toy,prehaps its just the camera flash on the plastic?

put the old and new together side by side and i bet you the older one is better finished

we all know rc2 are capable of far better than this at the end of the day

well clearly i seem to have rubbed your back up with my comments ?? do you work for rc2 or something ??? ??? ???  every time somebody expresses a negative or slightly negative view on a rc2 model you go all defensive

I have no connection with RC2 whatsoever.  It just rattles my cage that every time a pic of a new Ertl or Britains release is posted on this site, certain people immediately rip it to bits, when much of the criticism is unjustified, and could in any case, be expressed in rather less antagonistic terms.

We used to get regular previews of upcoming models from Bill Walters, and the same sort of aggressive criticism tended to surface each time. 

Some time ago he posted a pic of something new and it attracted what amounted to little short of a tirade of abuse from some posters, and from his subsequent post, I felt Bill was clearly taken aback and certainly offended (he was after all only trying to help us by giving a preview of what was at the time a prototype).  He certainly still looks at the forum from time to time, but we don't get the input from him that we used to, which is to the detriment of the forum IMO.

Constructive criticism is useful, but I have to say that I can't really see that this baler looks poor by comparison with the old one.

and could in any case, be expressed in rather less antagonistic terms.

I think that's a two-way street that you are also driving up at times Ploughmaster... I agree with your comments regarding Bill Waters, however.. I think you need to remember that we are not all literary geniuses and to this end, some people find it more difficult to express themselves and their thoughts on models than others here.

All this sniping is not good for the general 'peace and harmony' of FTF - lets keep it calm and try to respect others views however much you disagree with them at times  :)

i certainly have not slated the thing ploughmaster, i just expresend my views on the item, this afterall a free country,i just feel going by that pic that it looks tacky to me, orehaps its just the way the pics taken, but going by that pic its not as good as the old one

Well to me it good to see some fresh air blowning through the forum......may have a little stink to it but we been through it before always moved past it........In the end we each will make our own decision regardless of what some of you say...........I just dont see a problem with air something out....hardly out of hand.......