Milliput / Similar products. Your Experiences

Deere-est

Question

Just bought some Milliput for the first time. Have seen some of you using it and/or mentioning it during conversions and I would like to hear from anyone who has used it and their experiences with it's application and effectiveness. As varied as can be hopefully :)

Thanks in advance. :)

I have never used it, Tris, but some of my model maker/converter friends do for refining and filling very small gaps in white metal kits or building up features on a conversion.  It has a very fine texture.  

Broadoak (now no longer on-line) used it to build the trunk of his lovely oak tree and thought it the best thing since sliced bread but did say you need to work quickly because it dries fast.

I'm a bit late to the party here aren't I ???::):D :D

Didn't know you'd not used it yet Trissle...

I bought some and have used it quite a bit for 'sculpting things'...

The weight block on the Renault is made of the stuff... not fine filled and sanded yet but you get the picture... This thing is not quite an inch across so you can see you can get some pretty fine details into it...

I just gobbed it onto the casting [get some paint off and it sticks like ** to a blanket....] in a roughly square block and worked it to shape when cured fully with cutting disc and sanding wheels on the dremel, a needle file and pin vice.... I really like it for making odd shaped stuff like this becuase it can be shaped, if you balls it up you can stick a bit more on and have another go ;);D

post-1414-132639053491_thumb.jpg

I use the yellow one, which I think is in the middle... I have a tube of fairly runny filler for fine filling when finished.... I would say it's perfect to make your dashboard out of Sean, it's really nice stuff to work with... I did the fuel tank on the TM in it too I think, or a similar 2 part putty anyway...

great stuff, i use it to make my roadless front weights etc, i got mine from hobbycraft, saw it in there when  i the misses went in for necklace making things

Blimey, that is impressive.... :o Do you have a mould for them or do you shape each one individually ???

I'm in good company then ;) I thought I was being a bit of a bodger making these irregular shaped or mass items out of it, thought I should be 'scratch building in brass haw haw haw' to be doing it properly ;):D :D