mf combine work in progress

as requested heres a few pics of the combine so far,not done much on it so far other than hand rails ect and paint but have started the new header reel but ran out of brass rod till the weekend,and havn't had a final price back yet for the new lights and stuff,also got the cerea decal to add,but unsure about changing the model number ?

what do you think did they ever do a plain 7200?

and do you think the header looks ok  in grey,as this is the colour it's in in the brouchure on the fergy web site(see the first 7200 post for the link )

post-46-132638496994_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638497031_thumb.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i twisted one end round a pair of round nose pliers i have first,but just a little looser than the rod,and then hung then on the brass rod,spaced them out to look pretty even then supered glued them on,then cut the excess of the other end to get them all the same length,if you leave them loose they hang straight on the rod so you get them all in the right position

from looking at the pics it seems there's a raised edge round the top of the tank,so i may put that in and use a leght of brass rod glued on to the underside of the pannel,just drill a small hole in the raised bit and done,hopefully ;),if i get it done i will post some pics up

Sounds good to me - Brass rod seems to be the stuff of conversions like that then. ?I am really tempted to try something myself but I would'nt have the skill level to carry it off. ?I would be reallly interested to see the tank doors if (when) you get them done. ?How do you (well do you..) join brass rod ???? Does it solder ????

might be worth keeping the old real though just in case ,just make new pannels out of stiff plasti card,that way if you need to you can put the origonal back in,i can't as i cut it up ?:D :D :D

just a hacket man i thinks,mother always said i would end up a scrap merchant or a building demolisher :D :D

as requested heres a few pics of the combine so far,not done much on it so far other than hand rails ect and paint but have started the new header reel but ran out of brass rod till the weekend,and havn't had a final price back yet for the new lights and stuff,also got the cerea decal to add,but unsure about changing the model number ?

what do you think did they ever do a plain 7200?

and do you think the header looks ok? in grey,as this is the colour it's in in the brouchure on the fergy web site(see the first 7200 post for the link )

Some nice work there again TM. ?:)

I don't think they did a 7200 ?;)