MODELFARMER

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pic 1 was over and acre or so

Pic 2 was 2 runs up the field about 5m apart!!

Last pic is last years piles from 140acres they have a special place to go after 1 cut silage is lifted off a field i need to cross with them in dumper

#

concrete is from a base of an old slurry store

Ha ha you try working with that in a 2 acre or even 1 acre field!!

I'm for an 18 acre field on monday can't wait its long so a challenge to keep straight and less lifting and turning, today i only sowed 43 acres, up a mountain and over  . . . wait for it . .

1 7 acre field

2 8 acres fields

The rest none were above 4 acres!!! smallest was less than half a bl00dy acre!!

Hence i hope this answers why i don't pull a roller plus my type o drill not really suitable (mounted) and getting up tight lanes etc impossible.

the odd massey drill still about but slowly but surely all 1 pass systems like mine

The soil is looking good. Very nice pictures you have made.

Will be the stones used for something?

Texas

We have a low section of rough ground next to a river, The stones get piled there, maybe eventully get subsoil and topsoil make it into field in a few years

just seen this topic now, i see on the first page you ploughin on  6930 with a 4f kv plough, well my mate has 5f vari width kv plough that can plough upto 7 furrows (width) and theres still plenty of power to be had :P

it depends on a load of factors not just power  ;)  depth ,soil type, wat mould boards etc so dont argue who can do better  ;)

One other factor would be that it also takes ££££££££££££££££ to buy these machines just because some one else uses a 5 furrow on suach and such tractor dont mean every one else has to, at the end of the day you have to run a viable business to pay for these machines

Heard today

Well about 30 seconds ago

There have been 6 times more JD 30 series sold than the 10 Series, and still less warrenty claims than were on all of the 10 series. . . .Come on. . . Not got figures on the 20 series though ha ha!

Heard today

Well about 30 seconds ago

There have been 6 times more JD 30 series sold than the 10 Series, and still less warrenty claims than were on all of the 10 series. . . .Come on. . . Not got figures on the 20 series though "laugh out loud" :)

Would believe that.

That a right fresh 6420 u have there isn't many hours on her by the looks of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a 6534 out on demo at the minute

Its a 6Cylinder Chassis with a 4 Cylinder power plant, Is well balenced have it on the 4 furrrow, Peronally I do not see the need,

A 6 Cylinder squeezed into a 4 Cylinder Chassis, Now thats what i think would be ace, Anyhow

I'll take some pictures tomorrow for ye's

As Promised some picatures

Will take some under the bonnet tomorrow

Um

Kinda tried to plough a bit that wasn't um . . .passable ha ha

Shes actually very well balenced on the plough, grips well me just don't see the point in not having 6 cylinders

08052010385.jpg

08052010383.jpg

08052010382.jpg

08052010381.jpg

08052010380.jpg

08052010378.jpg

08052010379.jpg

08052010377.jpg

08052010375.jpg

08052010376.jpg

like you say, it would be more impressive having a 6 pot on a 4 pot chassis :P

I think it is possible,

Take the battery away from front and theres a cylinder saved already!! Radiators . .Um . . cab roof?

job done

Patent number pending . . .  8)