My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

brass being the main material and yes plastic is needed to obtain the shapes.....people often ask me where do i begin and the answer is that every known machine has a frame,you have to either find that frame and copy it or estimate it if it cant be seen and scale your machine and then work inwards,measuring what you think is the correct size for the model frame and then start working out with your material,gaining the shapes along the way....i believe to make a good model one shouldnt need another  model to copy off,instead he should be able to copy off the real machine and this is where you gain know how from machine to machine,but a frame must be built for every model and here i use brass for strenght and i wouldnt know another material that would make it possible

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

and here are the red 719 and 819 sitting next to my later yellow 819...when building these models i noticed a few tiny differences in the red and later yellow models,mainly the positioning of the wheels.....these are a difficult model to build and the red version even more difficult as it has to be painted in seperate parts being red and yellow as opposed to the later yellow..

post-1779-132639257873_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639257877_thumb.jpg

no man,its a modified britains one..i done 2 for a customer,1 is fitted to tractor and the other is fitted to a nzk jcb 3cx,both grays and simply a respray in yellow with red tines and the jcbs version has side tines,ill be scratchbuilding my own buckrake soon as it needs to be big

just finished building these 2x JF FCT1355s....one is still awaiting decals,here they are pictured beside my own.....these are quite a build and the kingpost must be exact and takes a bit of working out

post-1779-132639260022_thumb.jpg

post-1779-13263926003_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i was recently asked to build a hydraulic stonefork and decided to do 11 of them in different widths...what a big job they are to get the rams working etc.....i dont think id do more of these as there,s too much work in the hydraulic version,here are some pictures of them being built...ive a few remaining to sell at moira show and when there gone there gone,i dont want to see anymore

post-1779-13263927829_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639278322_thumb.jpg

and here,s a sneak preview of another ***** of a build.ive done this pushoff buckrake for the front of a tractor for myself,its built from scratch in all brass..i was kicking myself today for not picturing it before it got primered as it looked even more complicated...i wouldnt be building another pushoff as the time involved is serious

post-1779-13263927881_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639278871_thumb.jpg

ive painted the pushoff today and 5 stoneforks,so i think ive only the 4ft versions left now for sale............in 3 weeks ill be releasing a new range of models entirely.....

what would be preferred?????    generally i try and do both,example in the slurry umbilical,the customer can just buy what he needs to suit his size,but i generally build most things

Archived