My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st picture is 399 on a TAARUP 1450mmm.....2nd picture is 399 on a JF 1450mm,i used to cut with a JF 1450mm on a [glow=red,2,300]IH 674

[/glow]

Im sure a man of your tallents could counger up a model of these fabulous tractors mate

Brian,

Just a quick question (reply via PM if you want).

When you make a bigger batch of foragers does the price come down a bit?

On another note, I am glad I am not able to see you at a show because I could see myself right now ordering a NH 525 in yellow.....

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Jez

8)

Jez,when i build 1 or 7 together there is still the same amount of time,my reason for doing 7 was a customer ordered one and ive 3 shows coming up and thought itd be a good idea to do a few more,another reason is that even though i keep one of every forager i do for reference next time around its better to do a few together when everything is fresh in my head regarding that particular model,for example this week im building 2x pottingers and next week its 3 x mengele,so id hate to only have 1x 342 made and sold and then in middle of my pottinger or mengele have to start and make another,but 7 was a bit too much ill admit as i spent just over 8 days on them

in the 2nd picture you will see a different exhaust fitted than in the previous pictures...im still deciding whether to fit the one with the weatherflap or the one with the curve at top,my 784 had a curved top on the pipe but it may have been a replacement.....ih men can let me know..........................still have to fit the wiper and make a top link

post-1779-132639245723_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639245733_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

just been finishing up the building of 4 mengeles and 2 pottingers so now im concentrating on a new model forager so expect it along next week,and ive updated my website with better pictures,also i am now no longer doing tractor conversions for customers as i found i was scratchbuilding all day and then spending to 1 and 2 in the morning trying to get tractors sorted so a decision had to be made and as i see no future in tractor conversions ill now be expanding my implement builds,have lots of newbies now to get cracking at....thanks to my tractor customers for their support...but ill still working away at my own tractor conversions so ill be posting them as i get them done

just completed these 2 mengeles,they were ordered on standard wheels and 1 with barrell and both back gearbox housings painted blue,have to say ive never seen a mengele with this blue,its usually red

post-1779-132639251584_thumb.jpg

this is my own new MF 630 forager and id like to know from anyone familiar with the 630 what colour the front safety bar and front panel..ive them painted grey at min awaiting the details of proper colour,in my brochure it looks white but im thinking it shopuld be grey or silver,help appreciated as then i can have this model totally finished

post-1779-132639251647_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639251686_thumb.jpg

630 again,this model has the wide pick up as my last 630 only had the narrower 1.76 meter version,it looks tougher with the wide one so thats why i built myself a new one

post-1779-132639251725_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639251761_thumb.jpg

these foragers never fail to amaze me brian 8) , nothing short of perfection. i have promised myself that one day i will be the proud owner of one of these fine models, only problem is they are all equally as good so there is not one that really stands out from the crowd as a must have :-\ , out of curiosity what wheels have you fitted to the mex vi at the bottom of page 24 are they uh claas varient baler wheels?

Archived