My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had thought about adding barrels but i think ill add the side mounted small tank beside the cab....if i fit back barrells ill make a frame which can be lifted by the puh to which the barrells will be attachted.....the problem was that if i make a direct cut 520 header then if it was opening a field up,the trailer would be towed behind so therefore the barrells would be in the way,i think that would be a nice diarama mode actually,the class opening a field of wholecrop with a kane halfpipe behind,so thats why theres no barrells for now.....yes Sean it is a shame that these models didnt steer because they really are top quality models and have so much potential and for a little bit of time you can go the whole way with them,i could have continued and made the header lift and lower but realistically its fine for me the way it is now..im making a willow cutter at min for a customer and it took a lot of hunting down to get the parts i needed,its now almost finished after 2 days work and ill be painting it tommorrow,it was certainly something different for me..

Lovely detailing and a great job of the rear axle you have made there.

Header is a job to differentiate from the Norscot version!! Very nice, shouldn't think that was easy to make at all.  8)

im keeping one of these for sure...ive now 20 different model foragers in my collection......................ill have a new taarup ten x nearly built which was a headwrecker to build and a serious amount of shaping needed in the body,the ten x is one of those models that i hope no1 ever orders,we all get them from time to time

post-1779-132639334117_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639334139_thumb.jpg

the later ones are a much squarer shape,and the bottom half of the chute is a lot higher than this model......its not on my wish list as kidds were not very common around here,and to be honest i think the mark 2 is a much better looking machine.....but who know,s someone may be looking 1 built someday.....with so many good tractors on the way from the big companies ill soon have a tractor for every forager i have,leaving the problem of making or buying trailers(probably buy them)

I love'em Brian. I can't afford one which is a shame as they hail from just 5miles from where I lived and other than the Britains pasture roller there are no Kidd models out there. Terrific work mate, lovely to see these made.  :)

Below are a few pics of the real ten x that i took inspiration from for my newest forager to my collection....i have found the ten x to be the most complicated forager to replicate in model form,because there is a very awkward main body shape which means a lot of shaping.The pick up is also hard to make as the crop fingers have to be made from fine brass and attached to brass rod,these 2 bits take a lot of time...another problem is the exposed workings at the back of the pick up which have to be made and fitted,and the chute is also a unique shape and takes some shaping

post-1779-132639336403_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639336423_thumb.jpg

note on this model the extra large extensions fitted,now actually blowing down into the trailer....The 6920s in the picture is remapped and apparently 200hp,its working about an hour away from where i live.

post-1779-132639336433_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639336461_thumb.jpg

model...ive spent near the week on this,as its my own ive been doing it on and off now for quite some time,but took a lot of time this week to complete it..

post-1779-13263933649_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639336503_thumb.jpg

Archived