My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

All good equipment for this contractor with a MF 6499 powering a Pottinger mex vi and 2 x MF 7495s drawing away,what an outfit this would be,that 6499 could have the power to keep the pottinger very busy

post-1779-132639167302_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639167334_thumb.jpg

yes i have,and may do so when i get my next chassis,on one of those 784s i tried the bigger ford 7000 wheel but will be changing back the 5000 type soon,i cut out the old back axle halfshafts and replaced it with a new brass axle,gives more wheel clearance..these small tractors are a lot of work as you have to make all the small parts as theres nothing suitable to rob off....i could spend as long at a 784 as i would at a new MF 6490etc

Flipping hec Brian... some cracking models here once again... You've got a superb eye for detail I'll say that !

Can we see a pic of all you MF builds together in one topic please (if you havn't done already... and I've missed it  :-[ )

I am having a job to remember all the models you have built now... slurry tankers, balers, forage harvesters, trailers, tractors aplenty !

I think you'll soon have to become the chairman of the Massey Massive  :):-*

i hope ~RC2 pick up on this idea and release the IH 784 with ford wheels

it looks stunning go on RC2 please UH are doing MF classics and ford classics

lets have a northern uk 70s tractor like the IHs or DBs  ;) ;)

those choppers look stunning aswell im thinking of a one of those  tarrups comming my way soon i hope

BOR have you ever heard of "DRAGON trailers" they did grain trailers with

silage sides and were all like case ih red with silver wheels twin axels

sold through the Burgges group during the 80s and 90s

Archived