Rangeview Farm

Kiwi6920

Thourght i would share the good news with the rest of you, I just singed a 3yr lease on 40 acres of land, I now Own my own dirt in a way. Its a foot in the door to owning my own farm now, Best thing is it right next door to the farm i run so its idea, my house looks over all of the lease land

Ill get some pics later in the week

Well done Nick  ;) Good luck mate  ;)

May pm you for advice mate as depending on what happens for me over next few months I may have a stab at this also  ;)

Made a few enquiries and there is plenty of lease opportunities about  ;)

So what farm equipment will you have access to  ???

Thanks guys, For the first few months i am going to winter graze it, come november i will put in a crop of maize for silage or a cerial crop, around 15acres worth i would say as its not a flat 40 acres, this is just to put new grass in to replace the old stuf, I plan on cutting balage and hay off it and i will keep half sell the other half, I plan on undersowing 10ish acres next week or so to get some "High perfomance grass" in to meet my goals

Congratulations - where is it? Can we Google Maps it?

Look forward to hearing how it progresses.

Stewart road Fielding NZ i now run / lease between number 140 and 210. you should find it ok

Re farm equipment, i have access to every thing i drive, since there is a gate in the boundry fence allready, makes it a realy good start for me, most works will be done the same time as the block i live on and run, the better part of working for your inlaws.....

Brilliant Nick ;D My wife and I have been discussing something similar a lot recently... would love to get some land of our own... have thought about renting some but it's getting hold of it round here which is tricky... there's our family farm coming into my hands at the end of the road but it's a way off yet and I'd like to establish something sooner really....

Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing some pics of your estate soon ;D

Congrats nick its a good feeling isn't it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i have 25 acres of arable and 80 acres of grass that i leased on a 5 year lease just a few months ago

just sub soiled it last sat

great equipment you are using for sub soiling your land :P

texas

Thanks bas, i shall get some pics in a few hours when i go around it with the farm adviser, Hope to pull some moles through it this weekend

Yeah i might be able to find some spare space for your tent, or you could just pic 1 of the 2 spare bed rooms in the house ::)

Thanks bas, i shall get some pics in a few hours when i go around it with the farm adviser, Hope to pull some moles through it this weekend

Yeah i might be able to find some spare space for your tent, or you could just pic 1 of the 2 spare bed rooms in the house ::)

Thanks mate I'm on my way  :o :o :o:D :D :D......well not yet but who knows.... ;D

• 1 month later...

I have named the place Rangeview farm, i can see to sets of ranges from it,

Thje top pic is digging a 90m long trench for a hot wire cable

The second pic is looking back to my house long way and a fairly steep gully

And the wife bringing the case over the slipery track the ute strugglles with....

post-776-13263909912_thumb.jpg