Deere-est Does Denmark

Deere-est

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics in there Tris, glad you had a good time mate........ :)

Yep those Scanstone machines are made near Forfar Tris I'm sure, just up the road from me........Becoming much more popular here now a lot of folk seem to be buying them, although none of the ones over here I've seen are Twinsep machines I don't think........Interesting to see a local machine making its mark in another country, even if not very reliably........ :-[;)

It was Reekie before Scanstone, Freds cousin runs Reekie front mounted ridger on a TS115 but never managed pics I'm afraid. Most problems were cured in the end, Mart. It's a good machine really I think.

Great pictures there Tris, looks like you had a good time. Surprised as to how shallow the beds being left by the ridgers are, I'd have got shot if i left mine that small :o

nice going tris , got some great weather  to go on , & see what you mean about the soil , like gav , was sursprised to see the drills so shallow, but supose they'll be ridged at a later date. that hanomag looked a beast , can see the fendt relation in the front grill .

glad yer back though  :)

The ridges are as is :-\ But I have to say I thought the beds left by the seperator were shallow at times even though I've nothing to put in comparison. Thanks for all the comments and compliments people, always makes it worthwhile. :) Got a video of me swapping containers to put up if I can do it.

Will get a harvesting trip sorted in a few years.

To give you an idea of how much soil we have in beds Tris, we aim for a minimum of 12 inches of destoned soil but prefer 14 so we have 7 inches of fine soil below and above the seed, the beds I left would be nearly 2 feet high so looks quite a difference

I wouldn't have thought so but can't be sure as we grow for the chipping/crisping market, but if you don't have enough soil you end up with a lot of green potatoes growing out of the sides of the ridges :-\

I remember being told that now Gav. Also if the sides have sort of shelves in them, weedlings thrive and become harder to control as the potato plant grows and shields them whilst becoming more sensitive to herbicides.

Cheers Stevo :) I wouldn't say more relaxed as such but it seems, like the dutch, germans etc more precise. Nothing detrimental to uk farmers, it may just be 'grass is greener' scenario. They do a lot of thinking, recording, planning etc.

Looks like you had a splendid time Mr Swadro!

You keep inspiring me to get out and see a few sights and experience new areas & jobs.

I will get round to it, it's just finding the enthusiasm and effort to try the first place, then after that I imagine I won't stop!

Like the 6920, looks clean, what sort of hours were on it?

Lovely pictures as usual, whats next on the hobbit holiday regime?  ;D

2600 give or take, Spandexness. First time I have driven an IVT one and it's a doddle to use. Had a go on the Fendt. . . . toooo many buttons!

Luke, it's easy mate. Even through here there are plenty of people who can tell you about a company you may see a job ad for abroad. Farmers Weekly is full of jobs for NZ silage contractors at the moment commencing September. Then there is the Ohio State University Internship Program which Civilpek has just completed with Frederick Harvesting and which I completed with Dolechek Harvesting, plenty more placements. Ukraine now do similar running Lexions and the like. Canada, Brasil, Argentina, Australia. . . they're all out there mate. Go oooon! ;D8)