MASSEY FERGUSON 6150

PDC

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just geeting the bonnet ready to send for casting when I tried it on the 5455 chassis with a ROS cab and mudguards ::) I know the chassis needs work to remove the steps and fuel tanks but would this pass as a 3070 ???

post-96-132639116905_thumb.jpg

bonnet and grills wrong for the 3000 series mate sadly, i have the ross one with few extra mm's added  for the 3000's along with other work,

I see what you mean about the grill Sean but I think I could make the older style one ;)

I would like to cast these early massey grills cabs etc to extend my range of conversion parts 8)

to be honest paul i think you'd be onto a stonking idea getting those parts cast,

apart from wrong bonnet & grillon the  3070 above is the wheels are too big for a 3070 they's be more suited to 6cyl 3080 models upwards

maybe you could cast the tims tractor wheels as well

think it's great when you show us pre product models, really good to see them progress from idea to finish

to be honest paul i think you'd be onto a stonking idea getting those parts cast,

apart from wrong bonnet & grillon the  3070 above is the wheels are too big for a 3070 they's be more suited to 6cyl 3080 models upwards

maybe you could cast the tims tractor wheels as well

think it's great when you show us pre product models, really good to see them progress from idea to finish

Cheers for your comments Marcus :)

I think the 3070 could work with britains tyres on the siku rims ;)

I see what you mean about the grill Sean but I think I could make the older style one ;)

I would like to cast these early massey grills cabs etc to extend my range of conversion parts 8)

do you still have the ros bonnet paul?? if so work from that, for the grill drop me a pm, i have already done that on mine and its all once peice, not seperats not difficult to do mind, just took a bit of time

• 3 weeks later...

looks well paul , , can see there's a fair bit of detail from the cast & have to say , i'm surprised that the short wheel base & bigger wheels have suited the body parts you have fitted & has ended up looking a well balanced tractor  :)

nowt wrong with that mr c, did you cast the bonnet and front grill in one peice or two mate????

No mate seperate bonnet,grill,grill surround,air cleaner and exhaust just need to find the right size O ring to go between the bonnet and grill ;) ;)

• 1 month later...