Classic Tractor August 2009

Cheers TT, looking forward to this now!

Me too! As always Iain can be relied on - good to see Rory and co freshening the magazine up with those changes - at least it can never be stale. I must say that whether I'm busier or more is in it I'm starting to struggle to read it all in a month now!

Come on Rory we want it bi - monthly next!

Now I'm off to bed - will be knocking down Eason's door at 8.30am!

ha ! subscription  ;D got mine a few days back great read really liking the new ask the expert section , can see that turning into a four page section if not a magazine of it's own ! :D :D

great stuff about the german massey collectors & the 10 things you didn't know about the 100 series masseys unless of course you happen to be marky of which you could be add another 10 things to not be that fussed about knowing about the 100 series masseys  :D :D

the magazine is so refreshed , even rory looks like he had his eyebrows plucked in his editors pic  :D :D :D

Dear Nachmach, MJB1 and Toolbox Tam,

Thanks for the great comments. I'm really glad you like the new refreshed layout. It was long overdue and took quite a bit of sorting out but seems to work well.

Feedback on the changes and new features, whether good bad or ugly, is gratefully received.

Regards

R Day

Yep good read brings back memorys  ;)

I still have the trial issue and the first 70 issues in the loft (the other 30 will be joining them shortly )

Liked the commemerative editions tractors rory

just wonderd if you have ever seen any literiture on the Silver IH 674

be nice to try and track her down to see if shes still silver or gone rusty  ::)

buy it every month was told there would be a good write up about moira show pics and some information about back ground of the model show but instead we get vintage britians models come on rory give us more of model conversions workin displays stuff from the forum thats what we want to see all the old britains stuff is played out

buy it every month was told there would be a good write up about moira show pictures and some information about back ground of the model show but instead we get vintage britians models come on rory give us more of model conversions workin displays stuff from the forum thats what we want to see all the old britains stuff is played out

Really ? i thought it was rather good , it's nice to see the toys i had & still have & know just a bit of background from them

eg. i once had a 376 NH baler , but it now sports MF stickers , but have got a few wrecked 377's. it reminded me to sometimes leave things as they are  i think the chances of finding another 376 are slim !

i too would like to see the moira pics , but i'm sure there are more here than what CT could publish, or is it that you think you might be able to see your mates ear just behind the 4th person to the right  in one of the pics :D;)

Dear Fergie 699.,

I am sorry you were disappointed with the content of this month's Collectors' Corner feature. I don't know who told you there was going to be a full report on the Moira event in the current issue, but whoever told you this was misinformed.

We did recieve a report from one of the organisers, for which we were very grateful, but it is not generally our policy to use pictures supplied by the readers, unless they meet our criteria. The same would apply to magazines like Farmers Weekly, profi, Farmers Guardian, IFJ, etc. The vast majority of our reports are compiled by our own team of contributors, but you can be rest assured that we shall make every effort to have someone at the forthcoming Moira show in October. 

Regards

R Day

Really ? i thought it was rather good , it's nice to see the toys i had & still have & know just a bit of background from them

eg. i once had a 376 NH baler , but it now sports MF stickers , but have got a few wrecked 377's. it reminded me to sometimes leave things as they are  i think the chances of finding another 376 are slim !

i too would like to see the moira pictures , but i'm sure there are more here than what CT could publish, or is it that you think you might be able to see your mates ear just behind the 4th person to the right  in one of the pictures :D;)

you miissed the point there seeing my mates ear behind the 4th person to the right in one of the pictures is not what i was saying or lookin for

• 2 weeks later...

Like Rory has said many a time though, the interest in models is certainly there and growing quietly but the magazine is bought primarly to cater for those interested in it's title subject.

A bit like Farmtoysforum having a section for Real Farm Talk. It's there for the interest but it isn't the biggy for readers. ;)

Dear BD Contracts,

Thanks for your comments. As a keen collector of models myself, and usually the one who writes the 'Collectors Corner' section in Classic Tractor, I share your enthusiasm for the subject. However, as some other forum members have pointed out, models are only a small section in the magazine and past reader surveys have shown that they are not everyone's cup of tea. In fact, believe it or not there are a quite a few people who have no interest in models and would rather not see them featured in the magazine.

It's fair to say that our model content is in moderation with the rest of the magazine. I would like to see a few more displays and conversions featured in the magazine and will attempt to cover some more in due course. There's often quite a lot to fit into a small amount of space, bearing in mind there are also new releases to cover, show reports and general model reviews, like the old-time Britains hay-making feature in the current issue. It's quite tricky providing something to suit every taste, every month, especially when you've only got two pages, somethimes three, to play with.

I take the comments on board and will try and provide some more coverage of model displays and conversions.

Regards

R Day

Classic Tractor