Marky's new tractor shed and barn - some ideas please !

Lord Ferguson

Question

Good morning chaps... Have been busy in the workshop making a new barn and tractor shed for my upcoming loft farm.  Will start on the tractor shed first.... Would like suggestions on how to age the thing - what colour to paint the cladding as I'm not happy with the green - What colour to do the yard (and what to do with the yard really)... any other suggestions on how to NOT make it look like some prat's made it out of plastic parts (which it currently does) - Criticism I can take in any dose so I won't be offended in any way - this is only my second attempt at barn building and I'm keen to learn from you masters on here...

Have routed the sides to fit into the base about 2mm to help with construction..

C:\Documents and Settings\Mark_2\My Documents\Mark

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Black? mmmm, might look ok, have you got any off cuts you could paint and put next to each other and post up to review? ???? ???

yeah always my fault ?:D :D :D....you eaten those hard gums yet? ?::)

looks good marky , never seen red blockwork before except the britains sheds  as for the doors i dont envy you i thought about it but shied away from anything awkward , that & i like to see whats going on in the shed  ;):)

if it was breeze blocks then there is only one colour, grey the tinwork would be either a dark blue or green unless you're going for the older fibre cement look of which again is grey. i scanned the britains walling from the sheds but the red /brown doesn't look right

see what you mean about the size for the walls  bit bigger than brick but not big enough for block ,unless of course they were layed on their flats :-\ but looking again they don't look too bad at all  :)

i like the pallets especialy the chep ones  ;) your new jcb looks at home in there as well :)

Thanks Marcus - I'm chuffed with how the pallets came out - JCB is a little small really up against other 1/32nd - I think it's a 1/35th :(

the JCB is 1:35. The boxes Mark are perfect on the 1:32 loadall, do you want a pic to see?? ???

i can get a pic using the rough terrain one as well you have on order  ???