Marky's new tractor shed and barn - some ideas please !

Lord Ferguson

Question

Good morning chaps... Have been busy in the workshop making a new barn and tractor shed for my upcoming loft farm.  Will start on the tractor shed first.... Would like suggestions on how to age the thing - what colour to paint the cladding as I'm not happy with the green - What colour to do the yard (and what to do with the yard really)... any other suggestions on how to NOT make it look like some prat's made it out of plastic parts (which it currently does) - Criticism I can take in any dose so I won't be offended in any way - this is only my second attempt at barn building and I'm keen to learn from you masters on here...

Have routed the sides to fit into the base about 2mm to help with construction..

C:\Documents and Settings\Mark_2\My Documents\Mark

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Either a grain store or a big barn, not sure which first..... probably a barn first as the grain store is going to be all singing and dancing if I can find the time to do it...... I think Mrs "P" will want her new living room building first though!!!

i'll send you the sizes of mine if you want  ::) ::)::)

singing and dancing....mmmm working conveyors then  ::) ::):D

gonna be big then if its 65 quid for cladding,i tend to leave all the purlins out on mine,after all whos going to see?,saves on cost,also use a lot of balsa for the structure to ,as its cheaper,but i am basing it on an old farm with timber buildings

thats what i will do next time!  ;D ;D ;D

Thats the plan, three bays with overhead conveyors........ Don't hold your breath though as it took me 6 months to start the ploeger!!!

The barn will need to be big too, think of all the kit I have to store!!  :D :D :D :D :D

Infact thinking about it, I might just lower the roof on my shed and clad the outside of it!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thats the plan, three bays with overhead conveyors........ Don't hold your breath though as it took me 6 months to start the ploeger!!!

The barn will need to be big too, think of all the kit I have to store!!  :D :D :D :D :D

Infact thinking about it, I might just lower the roof on my shed and clad the outside of it!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i'll look forward to the pics!!  :D :D :D::) ::)