Deeredriver's Deutz

A little while back i put up a post about i was thinking about buying this tractor

It is a Deutz Allis 7145 its the US version of a DX 7.10

The tractor had a problem with the  3 point not lifting so the price was reduced by $4500

i took a gamble and bought the tractor hoping that it wouldn't cost more than the $4500 to fix

well after having it in the workshop at work and tinkering with it in my spare time

I took the control valve apart  cleaned it all up  polished the valve  and honed the casting that it sits in re drilled some orifices out to 28 thousands of an inch( that drill bit is tiny) and put it all back together

>:( the 3 point still didn't work so i was depressed  >:(

I came up with the idea to take off the cover plate off the hydraulics and run the tractor to see if i had missed a broken linkage or something

Come to find out that there was a loose coupling on a small  hydraulic line that tells the  hydraulics to stop lifting the arms when they reach the top of there lift

I tightened up this coupling and hey presto the arms work as good as new man im over the moon now

all it cost was $30 for the tiny drill bits ( that to be honest i really didn't need)

if i had ran the tractor with the top plate off in the first place it would have been a 5 min fix

She is 145 hp

It has a steyr powermatic  transmision 36f 12r gears

with a creeper box top speed forward in creeper is 2.2mph and lowest gear in creeper is 0.22mph

dont think ill be using creeper very much :D

In the first pic is the gear stick the yellow button is the powermatic ( dualpower) just a 2 speed splitter

and the second pic is the handbrake  to the left and the creeper gear lever to the right

She is in the process of being cleaned up big time now firstly i wanted to get the hydraulics working

please enjoy the pics and i will try and answer  any questions you may have

thanks for looking

Nick

whoa there matey you got one of them there green giants  ooof beauty is in the eye of the beholder & behold the beast you now own  :o :o :o

sorry chap , but it is a nice wee tractor you have  7.10 eh ? not overly familliar with the larger ones although i did get to have a 7.50 for a short while , pretty unstopable , & pull like you wouldn't beleive , but this you'll already know thats why you got one . only problems i know of is the gearbox i think thats the one weakness the 7.?? had , even the one i used  suffered from gearbox failures

will deffo follow this topic , so whats the plan with it ?

thanks Marcus yea shes a bit of a beast it sounds well

Well what it will be doing actually not too much to be honest

I Did get some land leased 25 acres of arable ground so one of its jobs will be on a 30ft field cultivator ( see how she likes that ) hehehe

Also i have about 80 acres of grass for hay so i will use her on a 16ft mower conditioner

raking the hay and also on a round baler

All these machines are owned by my boss who said i could use anytime

So in return i will him use her on a 13'' 90ft  grain auger at harvest time to fill the grain bins

• 3 weeks later...

well  took the old girl out for a real  workout

pulling a 30ft  field cultivator

i know the grass got a bit too long but my boss's  crops come first  so  getting the wheat cut was  number 1 job

then it rained 5 inches over 2 weeks so  i had to wait for it too dry up

now theres a great example of good old fashioned horse power. At the moment where im working we have a deutz agrostar 6.31 which is rated at around 145hp and it frove a 4m one pass combination till about 4 years ago, class considering she is 1992. We also had 2 dx90 and 120. Ridiculous machines. The 120 drove the drill before the 6.31 and the dx 90 used to pull a 2000gl abbey without a sweat!!

Looking at yours i would say she is a weapon!!

Well you may ware!!! :D :D

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Mr Ferguson  :) :) :)

I have been using her  a bit as of late in my spare time after work

I got my hay mowed with her a 16ft New Holland moco that was good fun  did about  30 acres for my boss for letting me use the mower and about 30 for myself

I have also had her on the cultivator again and got the last pass on my fallow ground ready for wheat to be planted in about a month

if any weeds grow between then and now i will spray them off

post-85-132639152484_thumb.jpg

post-85-132639152489_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

lovely tractor nice sound of those air cooled engines we still run agrostar models great tractors alot better than the agrotrons .just keep the engine blow down closest to the cab as dirt gathers in the fins along the engine and can cause number six pot to go you will know when it goes as when you start it there will be a serious bang at the start and when the tractor comes under perssure it will make the same noise once its kept blowen down  it will be ok you can drive it like that for weeks but it will only do more harm .best of luck with it

• 2 months later...