New manufacturer - Imber Models - Ford 5640

Barry

I was supprised that it has taken this long for a 40 series to come out.  I was well impressed with it.  I'm waiting for6640 and 7740 for me.  Uncle used to own them so it was my learning to drive tractor me.  Titan trailer just right behind that, cant wait

Dan

you  had a nice childhood then  :P , i mind drawing grass with a 6640, got 43K out of her 12t herron on back could hardly tell it was there what a tractor  :)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last of the ford tractors although used bit of fiat technology, the lat gret fords where generation 111 and powershift 30 series last of true fords. i had a good grounding as a mechanic working on fords. first the rubiks cube gearbox disaster and lack of gearbox layshaft pressure lubrication. then the h pattern conversions, then the beginning of long running porous blocks saga. the tw series pto pack mods , tw brake problems and endless service bulletins. the saying use to be at fords training school at boreham you will never get board working on a ford.  dont know about reliability problems on 40 series as i moved on to work on better machines as jcb service engineer.

i was told by a fitter that Ford changed its quality control when it started making this range, they had endless problems with silly problems like gear linkages chaffing wires because the cables werent tied up out the way.

I think the 6cyl models were alot more popular than the 4cyl models

thats the good thing in 1/32 land none of the real issues matter just great models. every one can stick up for their favourite brand but at the end of the day ask any fitter of any brand  whether the fact is liked or not they all have their problems at some stage. ford and later new holland  lost customers hand over fist to john deere even in my ford days. massey had problems late 3000/6100 series i gather jd got there issues now!. no matter what colour they have issues.  getting back to main topic these 40 series going to make an impressive line up especially continuity following older fords from dbp all great models together.

ford model collectors only need two model suppliers/builders for the best models around DBP and IM , High qaulity models spanning a number of years and model series.

Err how about SCALEdown  ;)  another quality Ford model builder

wow they are great atlast a proper 1/32 model of a 40 series . is the final sle model going to have the proper engine cover (side panel)? the sl didnt have it unless ordered as an option . but they look great

Daz

the ones on display had the engine covers with them from memory, think both versions sl and sle had them on the sides with the a frames and weights ect , they were off just for the display to show the details in the engine

I went looking for the 40 series over here on this side of the pond....do they look the same you Ford Fans?????????????I got no idea never been around Fords before......but I think Christmas came early for you Island chaps.....and looks like Steve must be having a big smile.....

ford7740.jpg

ford5640.jpg

never seen a j reg ..plenty of k reg ones...will have to look out now.. seen a k reg 8210 ..mates got a 5030 /loader on a k reg

There was a j reg 7840 on a farm near my parents house one of the very first ones around the area at the time they kept it for about 13 years sold it whe the farm was sold at auction . We had a j reg 7810 i think one of the last ones of the 10 series.

Daz