The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

Well... after 10 long weeks waiting she's finally arrived.  Following my trip to Beauvais I fell in love with the idea of upgrading Frankie for a higher HP model.  I'd taken a trial on a 6480 which proved to be too long for my shed, not to mention the price - which was way out of my league.  So... I dedided to plump for a 5400 series again as I am more than happy with the cab on these machines.

The good thing about making 'mistakes' when you buy a machine is that you can put them right with you next order I guess  :-\ - In short I wanted much more power, a better gearbox and suspension for a more comfortable road ride.

Anyway... enough of my waffle... take a look at Hatty on her birthday...

first up... Frankie and Hatty at the dealers... the lads kindly 'fitted' my baler up for me - it's got a special 'free flow' return coupling which needed t-ing into the spool return system..

DSC_8186.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a bluetooth camera fitted.... I'll be putting a camera on my trailer I think....

DSC_8243.jpg

radio is bluetooth too evidently.... I only odered it as it's MP3 compatible...

switchy things...

DSC_8242.jpg

I went for the eco PTO as well which should add to it's re-sale value I hope  :-\

This sounds wonderful under load... I gave her a good thrashing with a loaded trailer and the 'music' was superb  ;D

DSC_8277.jpg

And to top it all.. she's already got her feet muddy...  :o :'(

DSC_8281.jpg

Look.. real mud !!

DSC_8286.jpg

any questons fire away... and as always... anyone welcome for a test drive at any time

very nice marky, enjoy her loads

thanks Simon... I'm looking forward to using her next week for sure

:o :o u lucky lucky man, im not jealous at all  :-[>:(  love the wee grunt she gives when she changes up a gear  8) enjoy it mate  ;)

thanks buddy - she does make a sweet noise when changing up - the engine sounds a bit 'lorry like' really when it's idling  :-\

Marky Marky Marky :o

Well i didnt see this coming at all :D

Look like you have made a good choice so i am coming round yours tommorow for a test drive ;D

Have to say she looks alot better than your old one ;)

kellte is on then mate - hurry up  :P

How much are you charging for a ride around the village  i recon you need to put it up to £3 this time  :D :D :D

Do a swap for a 2640 :D

I'm tempted Addy... tempted...

actually... Nar....  :D :D :D

£2.50 to you Addy... as we are mates  :D :D :D

I shall miss Frankie having given me my very first tractor drive but I am sure I will love Hettie just as much when I get to know her!

Still the whole point of the exercise is to have a tractor fit for the job otherwise it is just a hobby

Marky Marky Marky ::) ::) Where am I going to find a 1.32 scale roof like that :D :D :D :D :D

BTW did your 1.32 Frankie end up in a glass display case ???

:D :D - well you'd best find one young man  >:(:D :D :P

Frankie is in my cabinet at home Paul  :-* - still sporting her carbboard bale

any questons fire away... and as always... anyone welcome for a test drive at any time

what even mr pullen after trying to kill frankie last april  :o

very nice mark , i bet that front suspension makes a marked  difference in ride from the 5445 with the baler , the longer wheelbase will also help no doubt & after so many years of black it feels almost comforting to see a grey chassis again , old school like masseys should be  ;)

so you did get a visit from the tooth fairy marky i only spotted it was you who was writing in classic massey yesterday while flicking back through it :D congrats anyway she looks the business and the grey chassis's look well what package is she comfort or privilage etc or was she just one the dealer had in the yard or did you order it in.