The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

looks good, see you got the better gear box this time aswell, how many HP? 6 pot im guessing, that front suspension will be great for all the road work you do, much better back end for the baler also.

must be the time of the year for forum members to swap there tractors ;D;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you did get a visit from the tooth fairy marky i only spotted it was you who was writing in classic massey yesterday while flicking back through it :D congrats anyway she looks the business and the grey chassis's look well what package is she comfort or privilage etc or was she just one the dealer had in the yard or did you order it in.

:D :D - yes indeed..... the tooth fairy has paid me a visit  :D :D :D - I'm glad someone is reading my waffle  :-[:D :D

I had to order it it.... so everything is as I wanted it... it's a privilage plus pack I think it's called... not much missing from the spec list really - the current lead time for a factory build is 10-12 weeks from date of order... mine took 10 weeks I believe - that's a bloody long wait I can tell you  :o :o :D :D

looks good, see you got the better gear box this time aswell, how many HP? 6 pot im guessing, that front suspension will be great for all the road work you do, much better back end for the baler also.

must be the time of the year for forum members to swap there tractors ;D;)

thanks Mike... she's a 4 pot believe it of not... 5475 is same HP in a 6 pot... but less torque I believe (or perhaps that's the other way around.. can't remember) - she's 145hp with a 10hp transport boost in road gears (3 and 4) - I've only done 2 hours on her so far but I can report that she pulls very well indeed  :P

Nice new ride mark, did they give you a free bucket that will make the tractor work? or you still have the tea spoon?  She looks like a nice ride should suit you alot better, whats the diffrence in steering lock?

Is 2 spools standard or is that how you specd it? both our balers need 3 spools..

Where are my plane tickets to do a test drive?

Nice new ride mark, did they give you a free bucket that will make the tractor work? or you still have the tea spoon?  She looks like a nice ride should suit you alot better, whats the diffrence in steering lock?

Is 2 spools standard or is that how you specd it? both our balers need 3 spools..

Where are my plane tickets to do a test drive?

still the same bucket Nick... at the moment anyway  :-\ - 2 spools standard... 3 is an option... steering lock seems pretty much the same actually mate  :-\

Tickets are in the post  :-*:D :D

Very Nice Marky, I have to admit I am slightly Jealous  ::):D

Just a few things, I take the Beacons are so far forward because of the type of roof? Never seen one with that type roof before...

Have you No front weights for her? Or do you not really need them on this one?

Also I see you dont have the blue switch in the cab for the hydraulics? Thought you might have went for it because of your trailers?

One last thing, You keep saying you are skint... Now the word Skint Must mean something different over there to here..... All I know is I want to be Skint now aswell  :D :D :D :D ::) ::)

Just a few things, I take the Beacons are so far forward because of the type of roof? Never seen one with that type roof before...

Also I see you dont have the blue switch in the cab for the hydraulics? Thought you might have went for it because of your trailers?

One last thing, You keep saying you are skint... Now the word Skint Must mean something different over there to here..... All I know is I want to be Skint now aswell  :D :D :D :D ::) ::)

I wonded that to Blake mate, i think its gotta mean somthing diffent in cambrige not just england  :D

Thats a good thing that the teering lock is the same, means you dont have to re learn every thing ;)

She looks like a nice yak mark, from here it looks much better for the jobs you do. cant see to much trouble in this set up now,  with frankie having "Demo" hrs must have made this a pretty cheap upgrade? since frankie was in better condtion than most demo tractors

Numpty for me - I missed the whole topic and find you have already named her!

Why Hatty Marky?

After the great Hatty Jaques (actually... that's probably Hattie) - anyway... A BIG lady... but still very beautiful  :D :D

I've got a full set of weights for her... but she doesn't need them on the baler really

No blue switch in the cab - she's pumping out 110ltr/min anyway - with it being CCLS she senses what oil is needed - also adjusters on the spools to lower flow if necessary.  Not sure about the beacons really  :-\

not spending the tax money again are we marky

she dont look bad for a redun

but i will start taking bets for when hatties back at the dealers for repairs ie OIL leaks  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:-*:-*

Never... red ones don't leak oil Stevie.. you know that  :P

Thats a good thing that the teering lock is the same, means you dont have to re learn every thing ;)

She looks like a nice yak mark, from here it looks much better for the jobs you do. cant see to much trouble in this set up now,  with frankie having "Demo" hrs must have made this a pretty cheap upgrade? since frankie was in better condtion than most demo tractors

I did get good money for Frankie - she could be made to look like new really.. she got a wash every week.  It has cost me a tidy sum to upgrade to this one mind you.. will take me a while to pay for it.  I bought 2 more years warranty as well.. so she's 3 years covered at least  :)

i think its thats yours is 4 pot then mark as my mate drove a 5475 and it was 6 pot, it had the hi vision cab yet no loader thoe :o ( cancelled order so was cheap) his boss has just swapped it after only a year for a 6480 as he wanted the higher spec stronger tractor to plough with, the 54 was a great road tractor thoe ;)

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  We never even got to say goodbye to dear Frankie....sniff sniff bad enough rumor has it Fanny was sold to a pig farmer and now sits in an open shed with no space heater or binky to keep her compfy.......would of been nice to say goodby.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(life is so hard when owners can be so callous...sniff sniff....as someone said RIP Frankie our hearts are with ya.......pwwwwwwwwwwwwwwttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhh  on fat nose for being so heartbreaking....now I must go have a lay down.... :'( :'(

Nice one Marky  ;)

Presume that's the Sisu engine? Good 'un!

When most people have their mid life crisis they buy a daft sports car or a huge motorcycle.........you just have to be different.  ;D ;D

Nice one Marky  ;)

Presume that's the Sisu engine? Good 'un!

When most people have their mid life crisis they buy a daft sports car or a huge motorcycle.........you just have to be different.  ;D ;D

:D :D :D - thanks John... I think you are right about the mid-life crisis bit...

Tis indeed a Sisu lump.... 4 pot... looooooooooooooong stroker - sounds nice actually

Same engine as N 142 then Mark ???

The Massey chassis must be different than the Valtra then as most around me are fitted with Q45 loaders ;)

could well be Colm... 145hp with 10hp transport boost evidently.... is a Q45 a 945 then mate ??? - I had to have a 955 'evidently' - which I must say is quite a bit longer/taller  :)

could well be Colm... 145hp with 10hp transport boost evidently.... is a Q45 a 945 then mate ??? - I had to have a 955 'evidently' - which I must say is quite a bit longer/taller  :)

Sounds right then - yes a Q45 is a 945 and so on ;)