The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

Wow your yard realy has changed now lordy, must be almost time for me to come vist again,

when you put the scales on have they got quick conections for taking your loader off?  mate riped his off becouse he couldnt find the wire that went inside the loader frame, dis conected and backed out, they scratced his newly painted bonnet just lovely..

you msut almot be at the point of retireing now? must have made overa million quid with your plans now

how are the new tryes treating you?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you can't, we used it for the first time last Tuesday/Wednesday and it was interesting to see the difference in weights in the cows and the calves. For every honest business there seems to be 2 dishonest ones out there......

:-\  .. strange that hey  :D :D ::)  ... desperate times calls for desperate measures for some I guess.  Can you make the cows have a hooooooge drink and a heavy feed before you weight them Gav ???:-\ :D :D :D

Wow your yard realy has changed now lordy, must be almost time for me to come vist again,

when you put the scales on have they got quick conections for taking your loader off?  mate riped his off becouse he couldnt find the wire that went inside the loader frame, dis conected and backed out, they scratced his newly painted bonnet just lovely..

you msut almot be at the point of retireing now? must have made overa million quid with your plans now

how are the new tryes treating you?

:D :D  ... thanks Nick.. you are welcome at any time mate... the distance sensor has a plug which is fitted very close to the normal socket which works the softride and soloniods for the 3rd service.  A bit tight though along the side of the bonnet... I'll be making sure I have a steady hand when taking the loader on and off that's for sure  :of :'(

I wish I was at the point of retiring mate... all I seem to have is 'hair-brained' ideas that cost a lot and make very little.. or even nothing in the case of some. 

New tyres are great.... only a few hours on them at the minute... but no signs of wear and a much better road ride to boot  :)

Lovely update Mary.

Tell me, can you add the amounts to get a total value or do you need to punch them in a calculator or note pad then add up at the end?

Love following your topic, it's like reading a big kids diary....

See you soon mate.

Jez

8)

Clever bit of kit that mark , does it self calibrate to different attachments on her ie the bucket or new grab or pallet tine  ? As both of those obviously weigh more or less than each other

It's got 5 pre-sets mate... but we only set it up for the bucket so far.... but in short, you can have up to 5 attachments on, but they need programming initially, then it's just a case of using the channel for that implement.

It can be set to weigh in 'dynamic mode' so when it passes the sensor the weight comes up.. but the tyres and excess speed of the loader make it inaccurate... so it's set to weigh at a specific height and with the bucket fully crowded now, which gives it an accuracy of +/- 2%

It's got 5 pre-sets mate... but we only set it up for the bucket so far.... but in short, you can have up to 5 attachments on, but they need programming initially, then it's just a case of using the channel for that implement.

It can be set to weigh in 'dynamic mode' so when it passes the sensor the weight comes up.. but the tyres and excess speed of the loader make it inaccurate... so it's set to weigh at a specific height and with the bucket fully crowded now, which gives it an accuracy of +/- 2%

most bits of kit are like that marky weather it bee a loading shovel or truck

we have a few builders come in the yard Bas for the odd bucket or two of stuff... so we can make sure we don't give them a short measure (or even too much !)... I buy my aggregates by the tonne... so it makes sense to sell them out by the tonne.  I'll use the forklifts weigher for loading baled waste for recycling.. rather than rely on the honesty (or dishonesty in some cases) of my waste recyclers.

It's also going to be useful for making collections of 'muck away' ... which despite the name is usually soil and mixed building waste like concrete and bricks etc

Does this mean you make more money in wet weather Mark, buy it dry and sell it wet like?

Have you got the optional remote "enter" button on your weigher Marky? We had one fitted on the lift lever on the JCB so it was easy to press every time we raised the boom rather than reaching for the monitor

I bet you'll end up having it fitted to that as well in the end as you'll get fed up reaching for the button on the box each time when you do use that feature  ;D ;D ;D ;D

:-[  possibly... but I'm hopng not too as the fitter was adamant that it should be fitted  :-[