The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Bas... Im off to look at a Claas forage harvester tomorrow morning actually...

nar... just kidding  :D :D :D

As for you Ol... they take my bloody apples anyway... and banana's.. even pints of milk get drunk at lunchtimes as they are 'free'  >:(::) :'( :D :D

Well... as promised.. a couple of pictures of the new machines inaugural test flight..

I've got about 12ish acres of very rough terrain to cut behind a local church for English Nature as it's a site of special interest or something - well it won't be when I've finished with it mind  :D :D

The flail went well and I'm hugely impressed with it - as I suspected, Hattie doesn't even know it's behind her so I need to be careful not to push the forward speed too hard and break the machine.

I didn't get many pictures as I was cutting for most of the morning... these are of my local MF rep who came out to check up on my progress and satisfaction of the machine.

DSCN0327.jpg

There is some fairly extreme lumps and bumps dotted about the field.. so not all of it will be cut  :-\

DSCN0334.jpg

As for the Major... I didn't get a good look at one to be honest... but my mate as a major topper and I'd describe it as 'nothing special' really  :-\ .... I did look at the Rabi machine which appeared to be the same model as this (I believe they are nearly all made in Italy) but with a silly little PTO shaft.. oh and for more money.  I would have had a similar machine from Reiko but I don't think they had the model I wanted in stock from memory.

Go on Mark,...let Alex rotovate those lumps and bumps with it..... ::)

I did quite a good job of levelling out the ant hills today myself John.... that's when I wasn't ejecting concrete lumps out at hight speed  :-[::) :'(

looks like you had fun marky boy :) when can i have a go?!

Sunday morning mate.... shall we say 8am ???

poxy pictures soz mate

well its an amazone flail collector with mulch facility

No problem Stevie.. a collector hey... not sure I'd want to collect it all off of this field... mostly nettles.. with the odd fence post thrown in for good measure