The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a concrete block that weight 3-4t Oli... my forklift only lifts 2.5t .. the loader only lifts 2t... so this is my only method if moving around (to block gateways off)... plus, of course, it turns all my tractors into a forklift truck to move stuff about the yard (should fit on Mavis as well you see)  ;)  :P

thanks buddy.. glad its clearer now...

Now then... I know this is not really a Hattie item... but seing as I use this topic as a kind of 'blog' for my waste recycling antics.. I'll post my latest purchase in here anyway...

it's a 40ft 'high cube' shipping contriner... made in China (as they all are...) with this one having made only one trip.

2ef43d9b.jpg

b92fb38a.jpg

I can't believe it's Ford blue  :of>:(  ...

I've got lots of 'kit' to keep in this one.. although I'd probably have got away with a 20 'footer' ... the price from a 20ft to a 40ft container is only a few hundred quid more (and not double as you may imagine).. and the price jump from a standard 40ft to a 'high cube', once again is just a few hundred quid more... by the time it's all added up though I've spent to many 'few hundred quids' on this one  :-[:D :D :D

Lumpy is (very selfishly) on holiday this week... so it will have to remain empty for a few more days  :D :D  ... anyone want to rent a few square feet of space ???  ;D

I'm not sure Bill in all honesty... I spent some time grading the ground last night (from the comfort of Hattie's cab)... but sadly I was away at a meeting today when it arrived, so I had to enlist the services of my mate Chris..

I won't be running a spirit level over it in all honesty as Chris is a big lad with arms like Popeye  :of:-[:D :D

cracking blue colour

thanks buddy.. glad its clearer now...

Now then... I know this is not really a Hattie item... but seing as I use this topic as a kind of 'blog' for my waste recycling antics.. I'll post my latest purchase in here anyway...

it's a 40ft 'high cube' shipping contriner... made in China (as they all are...) with this one having made only one trip.

2ef43d9b.jpg

b92fb38a.jpg

I can't believe it's Ford blue  :of>:(  ...

I've got lots of 'kit' to keep in this one.. although I'd probably have got away with a 20 'footer' ... the price from a 20ft to a 40ft container is only a few hundred quid more (and not double as you may imagine).. and the price jump from a standard 40ft to a 'high cube', once again is just a few hundred quid more... by the time it's all added up though I've spent to many 'few hundred quids' on this one  :-[:D :D :D

Lumpy is (very selfishly) on holiday this week... so it will have to remain empty for a few more days  :D :D  ... anyone want to rent a few square feet of space ???;D

sadly not... he demands money when he works for me... the selfish git  >:(:of :of

Oh"deary deary me" as our IT helpline in India always says to me.....anyway I suggest you get (T&C's) "terms and conditions" before entering any contract ;) ;)

I know Sean.... I just hope Lumpy is ok with a paint brush  ;D:-[:D :D  .. they send them full of cargo mate.. second hand 'used' containers have become quite hard to get hold of... 6 months ago a GOOD secondhand 20ft was about £800... today a ROPEY secondhand 20ft'er is about £1600 .. and rising...

Story is... when the recession hit, China 'mothballed' their container making industry.. the resulting shortage has driven prices skyward in recent months.. SO.. the market for decent ones is these (cheaper made) 'one way' contriners.. it was probably full of UH boxes actually  :of:D :D :D

As for you Dave P... well what can I say  >:(:-X:D :D  ... I might get my signwriter to put the words FORD on the long side

then underneath that write the full phrase... Fix Or Repair Daily  :P:-*;D

good old fords keep us repairers in in busines with repairs and restoration then nice fords

I know Sean.... I just hope Lumpy is ok with a paint brush  ;D:-[:D :D  .. they send them full of cargo mate.. second hand 'used' containers have become quite hard to get hold of... 6 months ago a GOOD secondhand 20ft was about £800... today a ROPEY secondhand 20ft'er is about £1600 .. and rising...

Story is... when the recession hit, China 'mothballed' their container making industry.. the resulting shortage has driven prices skyward in recent months.. SO.. the market for decent ones is these (cheaper made) 'one way' contriners.. it was probably full of UH boxes actually  :of:D :D :D

As for you Dave P... well what can I say  >:(:-X:D :D  ... I might get my signwriter to put the words FORD on the long side

then underneath that write the full phrase... Fix Or Repair Daily  :P:-*;D

Fair shout Dave...

Actually... I'm quite liking the blue colour... I think it's growing on me... you never know.. I may have to change my name to 'Lord Fordson' on here in the future  ;D

I must point out that the above is a joke.. and in no way implies that I like Fords really... no Massey Fergusons were harmed in the making of this post... E & OE .. errors and ommisions excepted... MF rules and all that  ;):)