The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks buddy...

I've been out in Hattie today.. what a beauty she is too... 12t of soil behind me and she pulled like a train... I took her up the A14 hill (about 2 miles at Madingely... quite steep) and she didn't drop below 41k - in fact... I'd overloaded the trailer to give her a 'proper testing' and now I've cooked the sidewalls of the trailer tyres (they were almose shot anyway).

With the visio roof open, full revs and a load behind the noise from the exhaust is incredible.. if you could bottle that you'd be able to sell it for a fortune  :D :D - I'd buy it anyway  :D :D

Out baling farm waste tomorrow... so I'll try to get some pics if I can  ;)

and on the way to the dealer, so what have you bought then :D :D :D :D

Nar... I get a free coffee there Sean  :D :D

Actually... I did buy a new grease gun... I've lost the conventional one... and the air one is just lazy.... that's lumpy's one... I've now got my own shiny black one  :):D :D

Nar... I get a free coffee there Sean  :D :D

Actually... I did buy a new grease gun... I've lost the conventional one... and the air one is just lazy.... that's lumpy's one... I've now got my own shiny black one  :):D :D

air one sounds just like you sort of toy mind mate :D :D :D :D :D

Sounds like she has some power, looking forward to my next visit, mind you in 2 years you will have a new tractor again...

:D :D - she'll still be here then mate... I can assure you of that  :D :D

Sean... It's too fast for me.. and bloody lazy... you can't feel what's going on either... I like to grease the old fashion way really  :)

I like to grease the old fashion way really  :)

what fill little pots up once & week & then give the cap a turn every time you use the machine ?  :-\

like the vid shots mate & thanks for the offer of coming up for the ride , but if i have to sit sideways to do it like the camera did , i'll pass thanks all the same  :D

• 3 weeks later...

well... as some of you may know.. I had 3 days corn carting this week... (Tuesday to Thursday)... what can be better than being paid (handsomely) to do a job you love doing...

Me and Hattie... in the sunshine.. running against a Lexion 580 Terra Track plus... quite some beasty as well..

In all the excitement I forgot to get many pics (was too busy as well... didn't stop for a break for all 3 days)... I did get a small video of the Lexion at work from my phone...

and I'm not sure if you will be able to see these pics as they were taken on my phone on the smallest (MMS) setting  :-[

my trusty steed... with a 14t Marston Trailer..

IMAGE_308.jpg

Just out if interest... I've taken a couple of other video's of Hattie recently...

here I am messing about with soil...

and hooking up the bucket today when I got back from carting..

I have to say... Hattie is now on 75 hours and I'm sooooo chuffed with her to date... she's a real peach to drive.. gutsy and comfortable to spend the day in  :)

Problems so far... Zilch... none... nuffing  ;D