The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my new trailer today... but poor old Hattie has 'spool problems' ,, the 'slice' which works the autohitch is knackered so I had to borrow a 6490 to bring it home on.. howwwwww awful ;D

8bf7db35.jpg

I really must get myself a Dyna 6 autodrive.... superb gearbox, far superior to the Dyna 4 in every respect really

As for the trailer... the backend of it is in my yard and the front end is actually in the next village

I should have done mate I think... it was in a pretty tight spot as well when I picked it up... I moaned at young Nick the apprentice for not giving me a round of applause when I managed to squeeze it out without having to shunt backwards and forwards as well.

I'm taking it through the middle of Cambridge tomorrow so best anyone who lives this way avoids the city tomorrow I think :)

I used to have a car transporter type of trailer which was wider than my towing vehicle and you had to watch especially on the narrower country roads. When I sold that I bought my present Ifor Williams trailer which was really the same width as a car. From then on I have taken the view if the car can get through then the trailer will just follow...so I would tend to work on that assumption Mark ;D ;D Eyes forward and full steam ahead and I'm sure you will be fine.

Nice Trailer, Looks well in red along with the MF of course!

Surely you'll be fine with it, Its not that big a trailer! ;D Only when your on a road with grass growing up the middle of it and trying to get it in a 12ft gate, it becomes a big trailer! :of

Indeed Blake... I reckon I'll cope buddy.. will you be at the other end of the phone if I need your advice though.. just incase I hit any tight spots... we don't have roads with grass growing up the middle here.. being so close to London.. just 3 and 4 lane carriageways really

As for the Red paint... lets hope it last longer than it did on my last Marston Trailer... or they'll be having this one back to re-paint too

Well thanks Chris... what a nice thing to say mate... god bless

Anyway.. Hattie is fixed... but I had another fun day in the saddle of the 6490 today.... I took to opportunity to bang out a few loads of compost.. well I'd rather wear their tyres than mine :-[O0

8d4d6ffe.jpg

78ce133d.jpg

I actually felt a bit of a prat with my little old dumper on the back of this brute

c49e5b86.jpg

a bit of overkill on the HP front really... ;D

4925ef51.jpg

Hmm we could do with some of that topsoil on our field, but I think the costs of trucking it over from Cambridgeshire would outweigh the benefits (our neighbour just had a 4 tonne topsoil delivery).

Do you have any video of this 64 Mark, or any recent ones of your "Hattie"?

Well if you'll pay the diesel I'll bring it over Chris :P

Supposing I could afford the fuel if I won the lottery, I think you would have trouble maneuvering your tipper around our lanes and would soon be cursing my name ^-^

No video sadly buddy.... I'll see what I can muster up in the next few days for you then ;)

I do miss those in-cab videos you used to post (despite being few in number). Do you fix the camera in one place with a holder of some sort, or do you get Lumpy to film by your side?

Thanks mate... it is indeed a nice piece of kit.. although it's a bit big for my needs in all honesty.. still good fun to tinker with for a couple of days though.. the Autodrive function makes a refreshing change... although I prefer dyna 4 on the road... to many splits on a dyna 6 really