The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

Nope... I was hired over the phone.. turned up.. got told to pick up the trailr and go go go..

3 of us with 14t marstons serving the Lexion running at over 8km/h... was all we could do to keep up with her.. no time to mess about with my equipment... it's coming off for next year I can tell you

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete and Bas, pair of very funny men!!  ;D:D :D

Mark, forgive me if I am asking an already answered question, does Hattie have front suspension?

Shame them pics are so small, seeing as you are one of the Forum's Papparazzi  ::) Another twelve months and maybe you'll have it sorted! Anyway, glad you got Hattie on some farm work, glad you anjpyed it too. Proper stuff  8):)

I was going to say if it didn't have front suspension,  a loader with compensators makes quite a difference to rigid tractors. We notice it on the 8360.

they do absorb the shockload well Tris don't they... what with the axle and the softride it's like riding a jelly  :D :D

Poser! :D So she performed well with a good load on then? :)

Outstanding Tris... Me and two JD6820's (???) ... one hill was straight after a tight 90 degree turn... almost a standing start... I could get 25k at the top loaded... the JD's struggled to 11k.. one was struggling at 8k  :o :o - in fairness I think they were rated 10hp less then me..

I was hauling over 14t regularly... 14.93t was my record... and I got that home whithout spilling a single grain (can't say that for some of my loads mind you)  :-[:D :D

Fought well for the red corner then 8) Anything else lined up yet, bit of rolling maybe, or some bale carting?

Must make a nice change, you can go back to the daily grind with a refreshed mind.

more waste baling is about all at the moment mate... sadly  :'(

and yes it was wonderful to leave my day job for this... I could get quite accustomed to it in all honesty

Not sure if I posted this in here before.. and I can't be a$$ed to go back and look... my ALO (MF) weightbox... had to get some new CATIII balls for it as my linkarms are now bigger on Hattie..

I had it filled recently with a load of 'as raised' mixed with some cement... weigh's approx 1t I believe...

IMAGE_314.jpg