Can we still mention bad sellers on this board?

ihatepoundland

Ok...well here we go..it'll be good to get this off my chest  ;D

I bought a "new" & "sealed" Claas Xerion, described as being in Perfect condition.

It arrived wrapped in a plastic bag with the thinest layer of bubble wrap underneath - no protection to the cellophane.

The box looked like it had been involved in an air drop.

I accept that models do get damaged by rough Royal Mail troops, but this one didn't have a hope from the outset. I can live with shelf wear, but when the damage gets beyond that, we all know the value of the item goes down quite steeply in the long term. I wasn't planning on selling on, but that's irrelevant when buying a new item in my opinion.

So I contacted the seller to let them know that it had arrived damaged. The item was sent recorded, so it was insured. I will point out that the Seller's return conditions deny any responsibility for damage in transit, which basically you can't.

I got this wonderful reply:

Hello there' date=' sorry to hear that but it was Mint perfect when it left me, and i did put fragile tape all around the parcel before posting it, sometimes the royal mail can be very rough with items, they really do need to be more careful.[/quote']

Very helpful. Time to try again.

The whole tone of this sellers replies to you show ignorance and are disrespectful. It's pretty obvious that he knows he is at fault. Hope you get it sorted ok.

Now, I know you can't say who this was. However,

What is your e-bay users name?

Later -

Phew - close to a numpty there but luckily no one noticed - I found the topic 'what is your e-bay name'!

It's getting worse....I'm letting paypal talk to him now.

Ebay user is the same as the forum' date=' although feedback will only be left after the dispute.

[/quote']

Oh dear  :o and  :( You can see how easily kids can get bullied on the internet. People think they can get away with saying such stupid things.

I shall watch your feedback!

i had an numpty send me a tractor wrapped like that and the cab was smashed to bits , but mine was only £3 so i'm not to bovered about it as i want to break it for parts. wrapping stuff like that is bad , at the end of the day yousend clothes like that not items that can break.

shame they don't have numptys awards on ebay  :D :D :D

good luck in sorting it out mate ;)

Well, if ignorance was food then this seller is truly obese. Go on, name and shame. Regardless of how much the seller charged for post and packing it should be the sellers responsibility to ensure that any item is apropriately packaged. Obviously this seller has no common sense whatsoever. Stick into him/her as much as you can, if you lodge your complaint with eBay in the 'disputes', give them all the information including the excuse of the reply and if successful, you'll get all your money back and still have the model, I would not send it back on principal.

When buying anything of a delicate nature, I always 'include message to seller' asking them to be sure to package the item apropriately in a strong outer box and with inner packing for added protection against damage in the post and further say that if the item arrives without this either negative or no feedback will be left and a dispute may be entered into. This usually does the trick and if the seller takes umbridge at this request and does not send the item then the beauty of PayPal is that you are covered and will, after a period of time get your payment, including posage and packing costs retfunded to your account.

Thanks all, in the hands of the paypal gods now  :D

It's the principle of it for me, you buy something new, you get something new. I don't think a buyer should ever be disadvantaged by the seller's or postal services failure to achieve that.

Absolutely spot on.

i had a similar experiance a long time back, guy wrapped a ford 7710 in nothing more than tissue paper and a balck bigbag cut down, couldnt understand my concerns when it arrived stightly less mint that when i bought it,started a ebay complaint,and once they got back to me i sent a pic of the so called packaging to the person dealing, and low and behold i got my dosh back , wasnt really much he could do, it was a recorded delivery, had the number the lot, and my postie was happy to back me up to over what it arrived in

Thanks all, in the hands of the paypal gods now  :D

It's the principle of it for me, you buy something new, you get something new. I don't think a buyer should ever be disadvantaged by the seller's or postal services failure to achieve that.

Even some dealers do that rob...

I brought 3 fendt 515,s of ebay when they came out, they sent them individualy... they arrived in one wrap of bubble wrap and brown paper, one had a bent front linkage, one had broken mirriors the other was mint, there were sent from UK to NZ, damn long way for bubble wrap!

Even some dealers do that rob...

I brought 3 fendt 515,s of ebay when they came out, they sent them individualy... they arrived in one wrap of bubble wrap and brown paper, one had a bent front linkage, one had broken mirriors the other was mint, there were sent from UK to NZ, damn long way for bubble wrap!

This person is a dealer, carries the full UH range (I'm not sure for how long as the feedback items are private). I've had it happen from other sellers before to various degrees of destruction, it just seems pretty obvious....if you can't drop the package from the desk to the floor without it being damaged, it probably won't get there intact  :D

Oh dear oh dear oh dear  :D :D

The replies from this trader are simply superb.. we could do with him/her in our customer relations department - does this eBay member have good feedback ???

Oddly, yes (in the last 12 months), one neutral;

Sorry, check what you put on ebay, saves alot of trouble, only sell what u got

Buyer:xxxxxx ( 61 [Feedback score is 50 to 99] )

22-Jan-09 11:50

Reply by this troublesome seller (22-Jan-09 14:38):

What trouble?? You got a full refund stop crying and dry your eyes!!!

Seems to sum the guy up.

Quite a lot of corgi sized things, maybe they stand up abit better due to less mass  ???

on a slightly more positive note, I recently won an ebay auction (Iwont mention anynames, but the seller uses this forum and is well respected) and decided on top the item won, I'd invest in a new tractor to boot. Unfortunately, when I moved 5 months ago I only changed the top few lines of my address, not my postcode (I dont understand how it happened either!!!) so both got sent to my old address. To make matters worse, the seller sent the items to the wrong house number. Much chasing of royal mail, visiting old address neighbours and aggro from the Mrs for being £50 down ensued, then the items arrived back at the suppliers, which he very honestly E mailed me and told me he had received. I have not yet received them but im sure there winging there way to me, the moral of the story being people generally are more receptive to polite questions and honesty, and the majority (all be it a shrinking majority) of people who use e bay are honest, sensible people!!!!

Oh yeah, and make sure your address and postcode is correct! :-[

I think this has the potential for degenerating into a slagging match, so I'll be careful.Simple facts are;

I ordered a model, made no mistakes in my order but ended up with a damaged model and a degree of abuse.

don't think it will rob, we have kept the name out of the open forum, everyone who has responded has been mature about the problem, and tried to assist you

this is what makes ftf a great place at times,