sparrow legs jd 6810 (new topic)

sparrow legs

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

im not over worried about the whine, got the turbo sorted so i guess its the exhaust box according to the jd dealer, will sort when i get this season finished, main worrie was turbo shattering and going into the intercooler etc, i now know this shouldnt happen now.

was strange getting back flailing after my break, too wet to do most jobs on my list (grass paddocks) so road sides for next few days.

• 2 months later...

update, got going after the turbo was repaired, then on 10th dec flail drive went again like in august! waited for parts till xmas eve, my mechanic went to put it together in new year and found the seals had pulled out the drive motor ::)  sent it away to get re sealed, was beond repair, ordered new one and its only just turned up last week! so at last fitter got it put back together 2day, was hoping to get flailing at last after 9 weeks but bugger me its started snowing as i type >:(  so 9 weeks parked up, over £1400 repair bill and im still stopped :'(

im pulling my hair out marky, cant afford to have it stopped like it has been, trouble is the flail couldnt move so its been stuck in a customers shed all this time :-[  even had to borrow a jd 7730 from were my dad works to do a road run back in jan

one plus side is i guess ive been saving wear and tear and not clocking hrs on the 6810 :D

hope the flail will be trouble free for a while now as had all new rota bearings fitted etc while the head has been apart and had all the flails re profiled etc

update, got going after the turbo was repaired, then on 10th dec flail drive went again like in august! waited for parts till xmas eve, my mechanic went to put it together in new year and found the seals had pulled out the drive motor ::)  sent it away to get re sealed, was beond repair, ordered new one and its only just turned up last week! so at last fitter got it put back together 2day, was hoping to get flailing at last after 9 weeks but bugger me its started snowing as i type >:(  so 9 weeks parked up, over £1400 repair bill and im still stopped :'(

Jeez, Mike. That's some tough old luck you have had and so close to the end of the trimming period now too. Have you got plenty of work you can still do like roadside etc, beyond the finishing date?

no im about done tris, had most of my work done before it went wrong, hence not rushing for the parts etc (if it had been harvest i would have gone to the factory to pick up a motor) been flailing all day today once i remembered how to use the flail as its been so long ;D  got a few loose ends tieded up, new customer tomorro then onto council work on monday trimming back dissused railway lines (pennine trail)

1st march flail will be cleaned off, greased/oiled and then taken off. trying to get onto a major pipe line contract with tractor in my local area :of

PLUS side is the flail ran like a new un all day today :D

Not all bad then, Mike. Good news and good luck with the pipeline contract. . .. what does it involve?

far from on the pipeline, my name has been put forward and im going to see them next week, 2 years ago my machine was on hire to them flailing so i hope that will help me out (i wasnt driving thoe, tractor/flail was hired out to a 3rd party)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

my luck gets worse, started with a stomach bug wed nite, been layed up, missed out on 2 days of pond job and flailing orders kept comming in, ended up getting my dad to have a days holiday and drive my flail for me 2day, what a star he is, im so lucky ;D  feeling better 2day so back onto the flail in the morning then pond job on monday

my luck gets worse, started with a stomach bug wed nite, been layed up, missed out on 2 days of pond job and flailing orders kept comming in, ended up getting my dad to have a days holiday and drive my flail for me 2day, what a star he is, im so lucky ;D  feeling better 2day so back onto the flail in the morning then pond job on monday

i fancy your old tractor & trimmer are haunting you mike  :-\  i think it might be time to sell up & buy a nice little B&B by the sea side  :)

Archived