• 3 weeks later...

Some implements now.

New Ez-Trail grain cart.

2040834870104853363S500x500Q85.jpg

New Sunflower (Agco) chissel/disk plow

2675232120104853363S500x500Q85.jpg

Used Sunflower double fold disk.

2920812750104853363S500x500Q85.jpg

As you should see the implements are where you start seeing the change between Euro and US equipment. On tractors its lights, front 3 pt. hitch, and the wheels.

Sean

Smart kit, Great Plains tried their drills over here but it never really took off. Shame as it could have opened a path for Sunflower and such like.

Might be the damp autums Tris,works 6mtr Great Plains disc drill is a tit when the soil is sticky as the packers have no scraper.I were riding with a joker up the road from me while he was drilling spring wheat on his 1250ha farm the other day and he told me he'd drilled about 28,000ac with his 4mtr Great plains over the years he just keeps putting new wearing parts on it.

I'd go along with that Tris.

Oddly enough that guy has just brought a 2nd hand 8mtr vaderstad rapid from England with tines on the front as he has been told he can drill faster with air rather than a box.

On the light land some of the vaderstad kit is too aggresvie on our soils(Were Nick lives no worries)Hence why he did'nt get disc's on the front of his new drill.

Pulling out the wheel marks from the fert spreader is beter done with the tines than small disc's is another reason.

I'd go along with that Tris.

Oddly enough that guy has just brought a 2nd hand 8mtr vaderstad rapid from England with tines on the front as he has been told he can drill faster with air rather than a box.

On the light land some of the vaderstad kit is too aggresvie on our soils(Were Nick lives no worries)Hence why he did'nt get disc's on the front of his new drill.

Pulling out the wheel marks from the fert spreader is beter done with the tines than small disc's is another reason.

does it work out cheaper to buy stuff from over here and ship it down under then ol??? would have thought vaderstad would sell over there seeing  as you have some acreage to deal with