BC's HARVEST ACTION IN 2009 FROM ABERDEENSHIRE

BC

Well Sunday morning was a fine one and I was up an cleaned the tar off me alloys and then washed the car and dried it. The next thing was a detar on the body work before a polish but it was really too hot a day and I decided to have a run up to Ballater to watch the vintage vehicle parade as part of the Ballater Victorian week. Only 4 miles up the road and what did I see 2 John Deeres in the same field at Milton of Crathes. Time for a quick pit stop but I only had time to catch one of them on camera >:( >:(

09082009009.jpg

09082009010.jpg

09082009011.jpg

Forgot to say it was a rather tidy looking JD 2256 on a W reg plate

09082009012.jpg

09082009013.jpg

09082009014.jpg

09082009015.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well last night on the way home I spotted this New Holland CX8040 on a 58 plate between Culter and Drumoak on Peter Morrisons farm.

13082009001.jpg

Over in the distance I see peter's trusty old 1977 NH Clayson

13082009002.jpg

Here was the old girl in action last year in a smaller field

1482008001.jpg

1482008003.jpg

well appart from the ding on the header , that 2256 looks an exceptionaly tdy machine , they must polish it the start of season to help keep the black dust from sticking ! as for the big NH , am i the only one who thinks the cab roof looks odd, looks like some thing from a sci-fi film  :D

the old timer looks just as happy there dowdling along at it's own pace  :)

well appart from the ding on the header , that 2256 looks an exceptionaly tdy machine , they must polish it the start of season to help keep the black dust from sticking ! as for the big NH , am i the only one who thinks the cab roof looks odd, looks like some thing from a sci-fi film  :D

the old timer looks just as happy there dowdling along at it's own pace  :)

Well Marcus I was invited for a ride in that one last year with the other operator. Prior to that it had been driven by a canny lad from new on the same farm.

Yes it is good to see the old being used and comparing it to the ones 30 years on.

Nowt wrong with the good old MF 30 or MF 500 ;D;)

No I don't suppose there is Colm. He told me that he just found the one passes still a bit too expense. Despite that he did buy that New Holland new last year.

David, James and Martin - yes it is nice to see the old R reg NH Clayson still doing a job of work some 30 years on. Peter has some fairly small fields so it is ideal for them. he is a Ford /  NH man through and through. They even have an old Forson major for tramping the silage pit. More photos to follow later as the contractors combine was in action again as I was going home last night.

Well  we had a shower of rain at Dyce in the afternoon yesterday so I didn't expect to see any combines in action however it had not been raining 15 miles away at Drumoak and the contractor was back in action in the next field from the one he was in the day before.

14082009001.jpg

And the NH TS 110 and Fraser cart there too

14082009002.jpg

And another Ford with a Fraser this time a G Reg 7610

14082009003.jpg

Here was the 7610 at sowing time in March of this year

Misc15032009003.jpg

14082009004.jpg

14082009005.jpg