BC's HARVEST ACTION IN 2009 FROM ABERDEENSHIRE

BC

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nices pics bill you dont get to see any mf combines round my way all new holland or claas i have to agree with you on the older machines better all round we run to lexions  a 2 year old 580 and a new 600 which i might add was not running right from the start could not keep with the 580 was down on power they came pluged in the laptop hit a few buttons and that was it never told us what they did . you just cant go near them yourself to computerised . cant see them ever makeing it to the vintage scene in 30 years time now im not saying there a bad machine just to many computers in them we use to service the combines ourselves in the winter time on the doms but not anymore

Great photos BC. Good to see such clean combines, I guess you don't have dust in Aberdeenshire! The 1540 cab is interesting, the open roof will allow some air to pass the drivers head. In the drilling photo on page one there is a hopper in front of the digger, I guess the big bag is emptied into the hopper and the hopper used to fill the drill?

Yes Rob turn of from the A96 at Marshall Trailers and then head for Halliburton House the new complex we have moved to a few months ago

Know where you are now bill, I had no idea Hallys had moved offices is that them completly out of wellheads now, that place used to remind me of castle greyskull!!! Was the move so PSN could takeover the whole building?

Yes Rob PSN are in the chocolate box one and we were in the 2 storey one nearer Clark Commercials which was called the Survey Building and then the Ness when we took over Landmark. We are out of Wellheads now but i don;'t think we have sold the Ness as yet.

nices pictures bill you dont get to see any mf combines round my way all new holland or claas i have to agree with you on the older machines better all round we run to lexions  a 2 year old 580 and a new 600 which i might add was not running right from the start could not keep with the 580 was down on power they came pluged in the laptop hit a few buttons and that was it never told us what they did . you just cant go near them yourself to computerised . cant see them ever makeing it to the vintage scene in 30 years time now im not saying there a bad machine just to many computers in them we use to service the combines ourselves in the winter time on the doms but not anymore

We don't see many MF's around here either.Here are a couple i caught last year

A 506 and 36RS

2192008020.jpg

2292008006.jpg

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=24018.0

David the link to last years post Me Lordie says they are kinda rare and kindly put brochure on of it too.

Thanks for the link Bill, it's a tidy little combine and nice to see the the "Lord's" brochures on it too. I am aware of a smallholding not far from me that had a baby cabless MF 307 sat in a shed, but yet to see it surface this year.