A FEW OF MY PAST CONVERSIONS

Yes I agree there John .Its good to speak to others with same interests ,although I have met some local blokes who collect tractors and I have built a couple of conversions for them .I will try and borrow back some more conversions and post photos on here .I know I made a County 1474 and a Roadless 94T for on chap .

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 2wd tractor is a 6600 and the 4wd a 7600 .

Im not sure if a 7600 was ever made like that in real life but I made one all the same .

Oh right, well who cares sometimes the imagination can make it whatever you want it to be ;)

Come on Steve, are you having questions about what are you doing on the computer? well you must have time then? get building, this time nextyear you could be a millionaire :)

I heard that once on Only Folls and Horses !

It never comes true . ::)

Yes I agree there John .Its good to speak to others with same interests ,although I have met some local blokes who collect tractors and I have built a couple of conversions for them .I will try and borrow back some more conversions and post photos on here .I know I made a County 1474 and a Roadless 94T for on chap .

Come on Steve, are you having questions about what are you doing on the computer? well you must have time then? get building, this time nextyear you could be a millionaire

It never comes true .

all I can add to that is if you dont have dreams, how can they come true?  ??? ???..................don`t ask  too  much about where that came from ..one rather long drunken night ! :)

yes pics would be good  thank you, always nice to see other folks wee gems .............will need to get my lot digi cammed , the insurance folks want  an inventory

John

Come on Steve, are you having questions about what are you doing on the computer? well you must have time then? get building, this time nextyear you could be a millionaire

It never comes true .

all I can add to that is if you dont have dreams, how can they come true?? ??? ???..................don`t ask? too? much about where that came from ..one rather long drunken night ! :)

yes pics would be good? thank you, always nice to see other folks wee gems .............will need to get my lot digi cammed , the insurance folks want? an inventory

Yes mine need sorting re insurance .

John

I am looking to convert some Fords and MFs but the problem I have is drawings or pictures.  Being an Engineer I like dimensioned drawings to work from, but pictures are next best.  Where do you (especially 1972farming) get the information from?

I am looking to convert some Fords and MFs but the problem I have is drawings or pictures.? Being an Engineer I like dimensioned drawings to work from, but pictures are next best.? Where do you (especially 1972farming) get the information from?

I just get my ideas from photos in magazines like Tractor and Machinery or Classic Tractor .

I also rely on farming friends for ideas and literature .

I am also an engineer in the Aerospace industry and I am used to drawings and fine tolerances .

This in turn makes me very fussy with anything I do ,from DIY to Building conversions .

I find myself very self critical but I feel better now more people have seen some of my work and have commented very nicely .

The big County tractors are my favourites out of my conversions .

I have had genuine ones (yellow and white) but they had to go to fund some Fordsons .

Dont do it, they are the bees knees, i have just picked up the white version from another fellow forum man Goodhead. :)

Dont do it, they are the bees knees, i have just picked the white version from another fellow forum man Goodhead. :)

Sorry Barry ,I didn't mean that I had butchered good countys to build blue ones .The yellow and white ones were sold on as good tractors (yellow ?40 and white ?25) and I'm not telling fibs about those prices ,that was when I was greener !