Win a tractor

CMB

They would be a throw back to the old MF4270 would'nt they mark?They were basic inside and out I recall.

pretty much Ol... they do a 'classic' spec and a privilege (and privilege plus)... classic spec is very basic indeed... a real 'stockmans machine' really

i asked the boss today and MF 5455 basic spec just over £55000 recommended retail price minus roughly he said 20 to 25% discount will give you a rough idea this is for a no frills stockman special as you would say compared to £910000+ for a basic MF6490 seems expensive :o but once you work through the options and discount minus trade in theres a massive amount removed i don't understand why  ???and didn't want to ask probably a long story

that sounds about right... Problem is... nobody will want to 'take away' from that spec... only add to it..

My 5480 had a list price of £78k when I'd finished spec'ing it ... although I paid considerably less it must be said.

MF offer dealers 'special asistance' on some models.. and very little on others... like the 8600 series just now.. MF's stance is that they have invested considerable thousands (MILLIONS) into the research and development of this new machine range... so (within reason)... the price is the price..

I paid just over £31k for Frankie (that's with over £5k of loader) as MF wanted to run out the old speedshift gearbox's they had left (before dyna 4 became standard and not optional)

A standard stockmans tractor is pretty basic and quite nasty.. I don't think I'd want to own one myself.  When you order a new machine now it takes well over an hour to choose the specification- you really have to go from the front to the back of the machine.

i totaly agree some people still buy bog standard tractors though driving a old mf3080 is way more pleasant than driving any mf 6400/7400/5400 basic spec machine they just feel harsh when on the road but they are easier to get to certain parts quicker when repairing

pretty much Ol... they do a 'classic' spec and a privilege (and privilege plus)... classic spec is very basic indeed... a real 'stockmans machine' really

Why is everyone so sniffy about 'stockman' tractors? Sometimes basic is all you need, the bloke I'm working with says he doesn't need all that computer gadgetry just something reliable with a good pull & air conditioning.

I don't think you'll find air-con on a basic spec model even... don't get me wrong.... my 5480 is still a stockmans tractor - basic in construction... what I am saying is that basic spec machines lack pretty much all the creature comforts we all look for in a new machine  :-\

I had the choice to go for a 6400 series model... and, like your boss too, I wanted to stay away from electronic gagetry that was of little use to me.  Probably to the detriment of my re-sale value as well.. I'm not sure who will want a 145hp stockmans loader tractor when I come to trade it in  :-\

not seen these tyrells crisps about this way :-\

this has been going for ages!, surprised it wasnt posted up before?? :-\ :D :D :D

yeah i have entered many times and still not won anything! >:( >:(>:(

get them from the co-op around here, should be in most co-ops :-\ :-\