FOUND UNDER THE BRAMBLES

SMurF

it is a shame to see all the old barns turned into homes,but it's fait to say its far better than demolishing them,there are very few small farms down here anymore,all have been converted,and the farm we sold off was split into 2 parts,one the old farm house,and the other half was the old woodern grainery,now turned into a wonderfull huose

it's also getting harder to find some of these little tumbledown yards that still have ye oldie worlde machinery in them. the last time i went into one of these places i ended up with a universal 445 2wd for ?20 :):o

very true ,the only place you see oldie worlde machinery now is scrap site or auction yards and they are off overseas,if i had the space i would rescue a 135 or something small like that for sure,keep a bit of the uk's farming heritage

:D :D sorry TM ,but nobody rescues a 135  anymore if only it was that easy ::)  you have to pay through the nose for them nowadays :-\

I'll post a few pics of the uni 's progress if your interested from scrap to working order :)

yeah go for it mate,i know what you mean though tractor prices for the older stuff are steep,need to find one in a barn rusting away i thinks

i know of 2 db's  (not sure of the model number) sat in need of rescue down here,beenthere for ages on a local farm,they might fit i nthe garage if they will give them away

yeah i know,the pair of them have been sat there for 5 years or so ,probally more,in the brambles ones missing the wheels ,but has a cab ,the other is just missing the rears and only has a roll cage on it,but does ahve a front loader on,think they just parked it up when they got the fiat in.knowing the farmer he would want a good bit for them as he is tight as ,charged us 5 times the standard rate for putting poles on his land for a barn he had sold off

Vintage Tractor Restoration - if you have the time and money - is a fantastic hobby which I would encourage people to take part in, just don't drive up the price of a Ford 3600 please...... :) :)

I have found myself thinking about mt 3600 idea a lot more recently now that the Fergie is becoming closer to completion - by the end of this year I hope to have it completely grey with only a few things to finish, so it will then get to shows in 2007 hopefully...... ;)

I have decided that this year I will have to cut down on my model collection - I'm not selling anything, just not buying so much. I will keep buying a few models but probably bulk buy rather than one or two as they are released. This way I can save up some more for my 3600 and hopefully come sometime (probably 2007) you will see some pics of my latest REAL purchase...... :);) ;)

At least you didnt put a massey there otherwise i would put a campaign up to get you off the forum :D :D :D

No but i have got a 65 that loks worse  a 175 on par a 165 still goes  a 35 which i learned how to drive on 50% a 590 loader used daily but tired and a 2640 which is in good condition ;)

Gets a bit monotinouse changing head gaskets every week

Then one of the gear leavers fell off

was told this as it was before my time

I pulled it out of a field and put it in the yard 15 years ago and it was forgotten about

one of those things that "if one turns up at a sale"