A few pictures of the New MF1200 and MF24 Chisel Plough

I know you don't want me to waffle on about my thoughts on this model... you just want to see the pictures don't you ???  :D :D

Welll... very briefly then... it's a stunner... I'd go so far as to say superb... they have really nailed this I reckon.. I can't wait to see it in 1:16 scale as well... what a piece that would be  :-*

ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT... The box (as usual with UH)... they have an MF1200 and 39 spring tine cultivator on it... not a 24 Chisel plough  ::):D :D

and as per the 590.. if that's my only complaint... then it's still a 10/10 in my book...

Once again.. sorry for the colour cast pictures  :-[  - best I could do in a hurry  :-[

right then... i can hear you shouting "GO ON THEN MAN FOR GOODNESS SAKE"

DSC_9193.jpg

DSC_9217.jpg

The Chisel plough is brilliant.. it's soild metal and very very heavy

DSC_9219.jpg

Have not got one yet but I'm not over impressed with the 'cultivator' as it looks a bit on the 'cheap' side. Having silvered front tine feet and black 'tyres' on the depth wheels would considerably improve it I reckon.

i like the 1200,its at an affordable price.the B,N version will always be the best by far for me but ill be getting one of these to convert to a 1250 and the 24s not bad,i seen at least two in my lifetime on rubber wheels which looked like an original fitment,but the most came on solids,i wonder was it an option or did some farmers ask their mf dealers to fit them,its a nice alternative to the more expensive BN model so its always good to give people a choice,so well done UH

Just also noticed that the depth wheels are in the wrong place for a draft control tractor... Now i'm no farmer.. . but if you had a non-ferguson system tractor with position control only... then I'd guess the wheels should be as they are on this frame... but with draft control the wheels would be at the back surely  :-\  - so the linkage controls the front of the machine and the wheels control the back of the frame

there were plenty still being used in the 70's I'd wager  :-\  - not every 24 sold would be hitched to a brand new machine remember

As for the 25... it was also sold as a subsoiler frame for some reason... for a company that assigned a different number to pretty much any change on a machine this was almost unique (to have a 25 subsoiler frame and a 25 chisel plough)

Ah i remember now Mark,it was a 25 that a neighbour used and i remembered it was on rubber wheels,was along time ago and only for your brochure pics i definatly would have thought it was a 24....i remember someone saying that Bomford wasnt happy with MF for advertising the 24 or 25 as a chisel plough,think they preferred the term subsoiler.

Just also noticed that the depth wheels are in the wrong place for a draft control tractor.

Wonder if that's where they were fitted for delivery and moved to rear by dealer - UH got a pre-delivery picture  :D

We had a '25' frame with double coil tines - what was that - a 42 or something?

Also have a Bomford subsoiler on a 24 type frame  :D