Two Toy Fairs coming up

PDH

Next Sunday (December 20th) sees the last Toy Fair of 2009 at the Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet and then on January 10th the first Toy Fair of 2010 will be held at Wespoint Arena, Exeter. These are the two largest fairs of their kind in the SW.

I'll be going to both. I've got my Imber Fords to collect at Shepton plus anything else that grabs me. Then we'll see what's at Westpoint, I'll have Christmas and birthday money to spend.

Hope to see some of you at both or either event.

I will be at the next Exeter event. It promises to be a good first-of-the new year one as a lot I spoke to at the little one at Newton Abbot today were getting excited about it. I have been informed that the new UH 1:16 Nuffield should be here in time, being delivered to some dealers this coming week so they should be at the Bath & West as well.

hope to go to the shepton , does any one know how early you can get in. got a busy day on sunday. :-\

Here you go Mark....from the Bulldog Fairs website 'Early Bird tickets from 08.30. These cost £10.00 per person at Shepton.'

Here you go Mark....from the Bulldog Fairs website 'Early Bird tickets from 08.30. These cost £10.00 per person at Shepton.'

Thanks for that Peter, thought it was some thing like that.    :)  got to be back home by 12.30  Do you know if or when they stop the early bird ticket , time wise. say you can't get in after 9.30  , then have to wait till 10.30???

Thanks for that Peter, thought it was some thing like that.    :)  got to be back home by 12.30  Do you know if or when they stop the early bird ticket , time wise. say you can't get in after 9.30  , then have to wait till 10.30???

Sorry Mark, don't know the details though the cynic in me says 10.29 to milk as much cash as possible.  Try asking them, contact details are

[table][tr][td]Telephone[/td][td]01373 452857[/td][/tr][tr][td]Email[/td][td]blldgfairs@aol.com [/td][/tr][/table]

To be honest I can 'do' Shepton in an hour and half if I'm quick from stall to stall and don't gossip. It takes me over an hour each way though to get there!

peter, mark, there's another toyfair at the Blackbrook leisure center at taunton on the 24 of january, don't know what it's like , but maybe worth a look round when it comes  i might be able to make it to west point , but don't know if i'm still on a xmas rota

I shall be attending both, have some models on order ready for collection at Shepton.

peter, mark, there's another toyfair at the Blackbrook leisure center at taunton on the 24 of january, don't know what it's like , but maybe worth a look round when it comes

Ive been to this one a couple of times, but to be honest, its not that great. Its situated in the tiniest of sports halls with hardly any room to move. Wasent alot there farm related but you may pick up a bargain if your lucky, i'll go if i aint got anything else to do!

I shall be attending both, have some models on order ready for collection at Shepton.

Ive been to this one a couple of times, but to be honest, its not that great. Its situated in the tiniest of sports halls with hardly any room to move. Wasent alot there farm related but you may pick up a bargain if your lucky, i'll go if i aint got anything else to do!

well it is only 5 mins down the road , so it's not like i'm going out of my way !

peter, mark, there's another toyfair at the Blackbrook leisure center at taunton on the 24 of january, don't know what it's like , but maybe worth a look round when it comes  i might be able to make it to west point , but don't know if i'm still on a xmas rota

Its not that good from what I've been told Marcus....small venue and there weren't any farm model dealers last time I went but that was a while ago. Its run by Stu Vowles who also runs Shepton. Shepton and Westpoint are the the best in the SW.

The Exeter fairs are very good and well attended with quite a large selection of farm related stuff and there are 3 or 4 stalls there that do nothing but. There are a couple of stalls that do all older lead figures and animals and related stuff and a smattering of farm related items can always be found on a lot of the other stalls. There are between 4 to 5 fairs at the Wespoint Arena per year the next being 10th January, doors open to the public at 10.30am to 3.15pm and most stallholders are there setting up by 8.00am and before. Stalls or tables cost £35 I think but may be less as I have not done one for some time now but best to check and book a table from the organisers, Steve Clements Fairs Limited on 01380 725322 or 07958 101891.

What is the westpoint toy fair like in reguards the Farming models?

Is it worth me thinking about getting a stand?

Dan

Shepton Mallet may be a better fair for you Dan. Westpoint is pretty good and well worth a try but there are more familiar farm model dealers at Shepton - Farmmodels.co.uk (Tellerian on here) and Brian Norman being the best known. Shepton does seem to favour farm stuff. Next Shepton is this Sunday and then after that I beleive the 7th Feb which coincides with the Tractor Show in the other building.

Shepton Mallet may be a better fair for you Dan. Westpoint is pretty good and well worth a try but there are more familiar farm model dealers at Shepton - Farmmodels.co.uk (Tellerian on here) and Brian Norman being the best known. Shepton does seem to favour farm stuff. Next Shepton is this Sunday and then after that I beleive the 7th Feb which coincides with the Tractor Show in the other building.

thank you for the help, next week is out but the next 1 at shepton might be worth thinking about.

Dan