FARMING PEOPLE - WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE!

Lady Ferguson

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are tractor drivers out there already. But, I'm hoping to produce them dressed in the correctly coloured overalls (or unpainted, of course). Not sure what they'll be doing with their hands though

with weather like this they need there hands somewere warm :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:;D

• 2 weeks later...

man sitting in the tractor seat, one hand waving to another driver

is there anything out there like a man crouched over connecting a pto up to a tractor?

a man that actually looks like he is driving and working the controls

thats a good one murray came up with, the man connecting a PTO, and modelfarmer's idea is a good one, what i would like to see is people in mechanic type positions or people in kneeling and standing as if they are positions welding, and people for standing at workbenches.

as for the bases, i am not too fond of them but say for example the figures feet were wide enough apart would they stand by themselves?

...as for the bases, i am not too fond of them but say for example the figures feet were wide enough apart would they stand by themselves?

Preiser make a lot of figures in all scales and all are without bases.  I have mounted them on transparent plastic using superglue.  You really don't notice the base.

Alternatively a TINY blob of  BluTak under each foot serves to hold them in place and is less permanent

Preiser make a lot of figures in all scales and all are without bases.  I have mounted them on transparent plastic using superglue.  You really don't notice the base.

Alternatively a TINY blob of  BluTak under each foot serves to hold them in place and is less permanent

It's the Preiser figures that have inspired me, Sue. They really are lovely. I've also had some 1:43 Schuco models (the two little children) and again, they look super - so much detail! My plan is to make a similar farming range in 1:32 (and maybe I can stretch to some farm children at some stage)  :)

It's the Preiser figures that have inspired me, Sue. They really are lovely. I've also had some 1:43 Schuco models (the two little children) and again, they look super - so much detail! My plan is to make a similar farming range in 1:32 (and maybe I can stretch to some farm children at some stage)  :)

You got hold of the Schuco children for me if you remember, Mandy, and being 1:43 makes no difference as children come in all sizes.  I do agree that the detail is superb both the plastic Preiser and the diecast Schuco models.  If anything the diecast are much finer detail (and very heavy).

Look forward to the models!

Young(er) people walking around, in a dream, peering down at the screen of their mobile 'phone, this is all a lot of the apprentices at work seem to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about a tractor driver having his lunch, with either a mug of tea or a sandwich in his hand.

What other figures do you produce Mandy?

Young(er) people walking around, in a dream, peering down at the screen of their mobile 'phone, this is all a lot of the apprentices at work seem to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about a tractor driver having his lunch, with either a mug of tea or a sandwich in his hand.

What other figures do you produce Mandy?

This is the first time I've produced farming figures (it's taken ages to find a company that can make exactly what I want in the right quantities. I'd planned a sheep shearer set with clippers, stand etc, but no-one else seems very enthusiastic, so that's why I approached the Capital of model farming (FTF!) to find you what you would really like to see. I think my first set (due for launch at Spalding) will have to include a tractor driver... as for the texting apprentice... we'll see ;D